1.    #1  
    I read a similar thread about MMS problems specifically for Orange UK. But it didnt help me.

I live in Lima Peru and the service provider is Claro (previously TIM). They dont "fix" phones that they dont sell so my unlocked TREO 650 has everything except MMS / Email / Web Browser. I even bought a fixed montly plan SIM card but I still have problems sending and receiving MMS messages (picture/audio/video messages).

I also get this error message everytime i attempt to send MMS saying:

"MMS error
    Your message was not successfully sent.
    An internal error (0004001F) has occured.
    Please correct this error and try again. "

I went to Pref: Network:
    Chose MMS GPRS option
    and see the following:
    User name: TIM
    Password: -ASSIGNED
    APN: mms.tim.pe

Is there something to configure to make it work with CLARO (TIM)? Can anyone help me?

I also would like email capabilities. I have text messaging. Just need email & MMS.

Thanks if someone responds

misterexpensive
    Last edited by misterexpensive; 02/07/2006 at 01:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I understood mms and GPRS required zero config. Have you updated to the latest firmware? According to Palm the latest firmware gives "Updated carrier settings for data connections and MMS or when roaming internationally" Worth a try.
  3.    #3  
    I will try that thanks
  4.    #4  
    Having problems updating the firmware. It doesnt install because i have some kind of conflicting software. I wonder if it has something to do with the software used to unlock the Treo. Well I guess I am a little stuck. I wish I knew how to configure it manually : /
    Quote Originally Posted by misterexpensive
    I read a similar thread about MMS problems specifically for Orange UK. But it didnt help me.

I live in Lima Peru and the service provider is Claro (previously TIM). They dont "fix" phones that they dont sell so my unlocked TREO 650 has everything except MMS / Email / Web Browser. I even bought a fixed montly plan SIM card but I still have problems sending and receiving MMS messages (picture/audio/video messages).

I also get this error message everytime i attempt to send MMS saying:

"MMS error
    Your message was not successfully sent.
    An internal error (0004001F) has occured.
    Please correct this error and try again. "

I went to Pref: Network:
    Chose MMS GPRS option
    and see the following:
    User name: TIM
    Password: -ASSIGNED
    APN: mms.tim.pe

Is there something to configure to make it work with CLARO (TIM)? Can anyone help me?

I also would like email capabilities. I have text messaging. Just need email & MMS.

Thanks if someone responds

misterexpensive
    Hi, I couldn't get MMS to work for almost a year... 'til I found this solution on Treocentral:

In the message application, go to 'Options', 'Preferences', 'Network'.
    Choose 'Manual' network configuration, then 'Edit'. Change 'Network Profile' to "your operator" MMS.

MMS function now works flawlessly for me - hope it solves your problem too.

Best,

M
    @misterexpensive

I just had the same problem with Claro in Brazil. Solution is very simple... you can't just dial the mobile number. You have to include the area code in front.. mms service is national..

here in Brazil for example, instead of dialing [XXXXXXXX] I have to dial [011XXXXXXXX] to send a mms to a cell phone in São Paulo for example.