1.    #1  
    Please anyone have some reliable online dealers i can buy a unlocked GSM phone for travel purposes??
    I haven't had any trouble with www.expansys.com
    Though I never bought an unlocked phone, I use a local brick and mortar. In my experience, the local "all carriers" stores offer the best price and shortest contracts.

When the best price I could get on line fir a $650 was $399 w/ a 2 year contract, I paid $325 w/ a $50 data rebate and 1 year contract. I did ask about unlocking and was told (by salesman and cjecked with Cingular) that I could unlock the phone when my account was in good standing for 3 months. If ya not traveling for 3 months, may be worth the savings.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    www.eportworld.com, or www.expansys.com. Both are good, though more expensive than others. The owner of Eport World lives in the DC area and is a personal friend. Mention you read this on Treo Central from Mike (Z3bum) and he might give you a little discount. Of course taking a chance on a phone on Ebay can save you some $$$ but you might end up with a small bookend.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    I got my Treo 650 (unlocked) on a 350 minute a month Vodafone Tariff (20 pcm) and the phone was free: I got mine from my local "The Link" store.

Haydn.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HaydnH
    I got my Treo 650 (unlocked) on a 350 minute a month Vodafone Tariff (20 pcm) and the phone was free: I got mine from my local "The Link" store.

Haydn.
    That's a superb cost! You did very well there
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Quote Originally Posted by HaydnH

Haydn.
    How long is your contract for, 12 months or 24 months ?
    I have done well with www.telestial.com
    For WM smartphones:

http://www.dweiniger.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=21

I also saw this, but don't know how they are. Mad Monkey(the one above) has good customer reviews.

http://www.imatephonestore.com/
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtastic
    How long is your contract for, 12 months or 24 months ?
    Sorry for the late reply, but it's 18 Months... although the cost should be 40pcm vodafone half it for the first 6, and the link offer me 20pcm rebate on the next 6... the last 6 I can either pay 40 or change my tariff to pay less.

Still a bloomin good deal though and I won't be upgrading until the 700p is out and the price has fallen a bit so the 18 month contract doesn't bother me at all.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    My girlfriend's just bought a Treo 650 from Expansys (she says she's been 'geekified'!). It cost 83.00 up front, then 30.00 per month for 12 months.

But the great thing about this deal is that Palm were running a 70.00 rebate deal last week so the phone will only cost her 13.00!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo