Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The link below should be the first indication of the Orange 1.20 update:

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=EUPalmSupport,TS=PalmEU_UK,Case=Obj(9883)

Currently Orange and TIM are the only 2 carriers who have not issued GSM Updates.

Otherwise I will have to downgrade to a ROW FW and then upgrade to 1.20 ROW.

Anyone else heard anything from Orange Support
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Nope. I've installed the ROW version. All seems to be working well at the moment. I loathe the Orange branding any way!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    I agree - the Orange branded stuff is awful and only serves to slow down the usability of the phone. Take the downgrade/upgrade route and you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate
    I agree - the Orange branded stuff is awful and only serves to slow down the usability of the phone. Take the downgrade/upgrade route and you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.
    How do I go from Treo650-1.15-OUK to the new unbranded 1.20?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dg252
    How do I go from Treo650-1.15-OUK to the new unbranded 1.20?
    I've not done it yet, but I will if Orange take too long to bring out the 1.20 update.

But read the first message in this thread, about 1.23 :

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=87669

Basically you need to downgrade to 1.23, currently you are on 1.31.
    This will remove your OUK branding and convert you to ROW.

You can then upgrade direct to 1.20 ROW / ENA .

I don't know if you need to unlock from Orange first ?

Perhaps one of those who have done it can confirm I'm right
    Thought of the day :
    that's right. No need to get the phone 'unlocked' by Orange.
    The method mentioned above removes the Orange branded software but leaves your phone locked to Orange.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate
    The method mentioned above removes the Orange branded software but leaves your phone locked to Orange.
    Shame an unlock patch never came out for the 650, like it did the 600
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Yeah, I hate feeling like the Treo isn't *completely* mine, to do with as I please.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Well I managed the upgrade this morning and all seems to be working well. I first went to FW1.23 as instructed and now have SW1.20 with FW 1.71.

Thanks to all those who gave me advice

Any great tips for what I can do now that I have removed the Orange branding that I couldn't do before?
    Well, you can go to the phone application (press the green button) and type a contact's initials/name to perform a search instantly. As far as I recall, there was an extra step required with the Orange software.

You also have instant access to your favourites, rather than having to tap left/right first.

I can't remember what else - I got rid of the Orange stuff almost immediately after I bought the Treo.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
  11.    #11  
    Guess what, Orange France have just released the 1.20 update exe

Having taken so long I was hoping they might have released a newer version, like they did last time.

No interest to me now, as I have unbranded and done the FAT32 update as well
    Thought of the day :
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    Guess what, Orange France have just released the 1.20 update exe

Having taken so long I was hoping they might have released a newer version, like they did last time.

No interest to me now, as I have unbranded and done the FAT32 update as well
    Better never than late hey!

After all the hours i've spent tuning my custom ROM there's no way I'd entertain the thought of putting an official update on my Treo!

Does any body know how long it will be before an Orange UK ROM is available
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I may be wrong, but I would have thought that you could use the new French ROM (see ChasT post 11 above) and just change the language to English.....

I seem to remember reading some where that would not work as something is different, I can't remember what.
    Orange CH put up the ROM update
    http://www.orange.ch/offers/treo/treo650/treo650Rom
    Orange UK now have the 1.20-OUK update

http://www.business.orange.co.uk/ser...044128513140_2
    Can anyone let me have the updater files so I can use them with a Mac? Many thanks, Steve.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    ...I have unbranded and done the FAT32 update as well
    Er...what is the FAT32 update? Never heard of it
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by IconBoy
    Er...what is the FAT32 update? Never heard of it
    Out of the box, your Treo uses FAT16 as the basis of the file system. The maximum size of SD card that FAT16 can "see" is 2GB.

The newer Palm models use FAT32. This enables bigger SD cards, currently 4GB SD cards are becoming common.

If you delete the FAT16 file out of your ROM and add back the FAT32 file you can use 4GB cards, plus some speed tests give a higher benchmark for your existing SD cards, whatever their size.

Some users report problems with FAT32. I can not play wma songs anymore, so I've had to convert them to mp3.

If you have not made a custom ROM, search on Custom ROM or New ROM Tool, to find out more
    Thought of the day :
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast