Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Hi all,

Do you have any news on the release of the new firmware by Orange (UK/FR) ?
    It seems to solve a lot of issues...
    Thanks !
    Not sure why someone posted the French page. Its on the Orange UK page and this link should take you to the page http://www2.orange.co.uk/servlet/Sat...Product#answer
    Original poster was asking for firmware "Orange (UK/FR)", I guess FR being France-
    Quote Originally Posted by BNOYHTUAWB
    Original poster was asking for firmware "Orange (UK/FR)", I guess FR being France-
    UK/FR I would read as English or French, so I guess you are both right

However I don't think either link helps, unless I'm not clicking through far enough.

I've not heard anything lately to make me think that there will be an Orange update anytime soon.

The smart money is on an official ROW GSM update mid January, once the Xmas rush is over.

Once this comes out I will junk my current uk Orange 1.31 branding and go over to ROW.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    There's no way I'll be ruining my Treo by flashing it with Orange Firmware! Their launcher screen is terrible! I'm currently on FW 1.43/ SW 1.13 ROW.

I'm holding out for the ROW GSM update.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    There's no way I'll be ruining my Treo by flashing it with Orange Firmware! Their launcher screen is terrible! I'm currently on FW 1.43/ SW 1.13 ROW.

I'm holding out for the ROW GSM update.
    Agreed in general about the Orange launcher. Forgive me but I am a little behind the times. I am at firmware 1.28/SW1.13 ROW. My phone has had no problems at all. I use VolumeCare to make it a little louder, but everything else is great. Is there a good reason to change FW now or at the next GSM update?
    S
    It would seem that the latest, yet to be officially released, version handles NVFS memory much better now. Currently free NVFS tends to slowly go down and eventually causes a soft reset. The new version is better at freeing up NVFS memory during normal usage.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    UK/FR I would read as English or French, so I guess you are both right

However I don't think either link helps, unless I'm not clicking through far enough.

I've not heard anything lately to make me think that there will be an Orange update anytime soon.

The smart money is on an official ROW GSM update mid January, once the Xmas rush is over.

Once this comes out I will junk my current uk Orange 1.31 branding and go over to ROW.
    My Treo is on 1.31 / 1.15 and runs rock solid. No reson to change!
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oldfatgit
    Agreed in general about the Orange launcher. Forgive me but I am a little behind the times. I am at firmware 1.28/SW1.13 ROW. My phone has had no problems at all. I use VolumeCare to make it a little louder, but everything else is great. Is there a good reason to change FW now or at the next GSM update?
    S
    If it is working correctly now then I wouldn't bother flashing to the new FW if you are happy with it.

As ChasT stated, the new update is meant to address and improve the NVFS system with the Treo. If you currently don't have any resets then there probably isn't any need to update the ROM.

Personally I still get resets (not too many I might add) and hope that the next update addresses problems with Versamail.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo