1.    #1  
    As we all know, Micro$oft seems to either takeover or just flat out kill just about every company they supposedly join forces with. Gates hates competition & loves to be THE MAN! I'm wondering if this nice community of Palm users that we now have here at TreoCentral will soon change to a community of M$FT users, thus losing a lot of the feel that this site now has. I see that the future of the Palm as we know it is changing and I wonder if this may be the beginning of the end of the TreoCentral we have all come to love (and get addicted to ).

There just seems to be something so wrong with mixing M$FT & Palm IMO.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Is it the M$ effect that is draining the Off Topic forum of activity? (Or maybe we're just waiting for clulup to come back from vacation)
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    man, I hope you're just trying to incite debate - you can't actually believe this community could be ruined when "those people" start to move in to the neighborhood ....

ps - this is TREOcentral, not HANDSPRINGcentral or PALMcentral or M$central....
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I was just thinking about how the lack of new info on the site and lack of discussion topics reminds me of when this site was changing from Visorcentral to treocentral. I know I am one of the few that remembers that far back, but months after the announcement until the change you could see the tumbleweeds.

I hope this does not happen here. I hope at minimum their is an equal handling of our new stepbrother coming into the family.
    "those" people are already here. . . . . . Insertion has used Win Mobile devices and so has HobbesisReal, to name two.

To steal a name from another Web site, we are all Treonauts, no matter what OS we will be using.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    "those" people are already here. . . . . . Insertion has used Win Mobile devices and so has HobbesisReal, to name two.

To steal a name from another Web site, we are all Treonauts, no matter what OS we will be using.

Cheers, Perry.
    True, but when the 600 came out, those of us with 180s and 270s soon faded to the background (and I know because I was the last of the early adopters http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...early+adopters ). Then when the 650 came out, 180s and 270s disappeared, and 600 owners faded

It seems with each generation, the old-timers fade further.

If the 700W comes without a corresponding 700P, the trend would suggest that all the talk will be about the newest member of the family.
    This site is and will continue to be about Treo.

If another Palm PDA/Phone hardware comes along with a another popular name, a new site will be created pretty much along the VisorCentral to TreoCentral way. It needs to adjust to changing conditions.

IMO, Palm gave up its uniqueness when it sold the software business to a third party.

Palm is trying to sell the hardware as the experience when the major portion of visual experience is about the software. If you think MS gave the tools to make WM5 work on a Treo, I think of it as a compatibility/tailoring tool which could unravel at any moment. After all MS is control of the software, not Palm.

If you sold the Treo with no O/S software installed, it is just a shell with no functions at all except for shape, size and looks.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    "those" people are already here. . . . . .
    I hope it was clear that my use of the term was sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    ... If the 700W comes without a corresponding 700P, the trend would suggest that all the talk will be about the newest member of the family.
    Yes, there will be new talk, but I for one am not going to buy a WM powered Treo. I don't know about everyone else, but I don't like the WM os. And I'll still be here. I bet that there are a good percentage of users on this forum that feel the same way.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p