Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I want to second the RSS suggestion. QuickNews with 50-60 feeds gives me more news than I can read in a day. The problem is, now I can check all the Palm-related sites for updates via RSS, and that leaves more time for this forum.

BTW, Gfunk, I too have pondered the chicken and the egg question.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Wow! 72 hours without TC was TOUGH! Previously, the 48 hrs. wasn't bad because it was the weekend but these past 72 hrs. were weekdays (prime TC surfing time for me) and I was getting really jittery. I don't think I can make it 96 hrs. That would mean not returning until Monday afternoon! Oh well, at least the weekend will soften the blow. At any rate, I think I may break before then. Oh well, we'll see.

See ya' in 96.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Considering I have not even owned a Treo to over 11 months now....and I read and I am posting to this thread at 3:06 AM.....with 75% of my post count earned after I sold my Treo.....I am certainly not addicted!
    Yes, it's my second family.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    What happens when you don't check TC in 96 hours? You go out and by a qtek 9100! I'll be busy with for a while .

I'll be back 120.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    What happens when you don't check TC in 96 hours? You go out and by a qtek 9100! I'll be busy with for a while .
    Yes....I'm sure that will keep you busy Let us know how it goes!

Perry, speaking of extended family, next time I get to GR for business (which doesn't happen too often) I'll call you & buy you lunch!
    -jeff

...the Truth will set you free!
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Considering I have not even owned a Treo to over 11 months now....and I read and I am posting to this thread at 3:06 AM.....with 75% of my post count earned after I sold my Treo.....I am certainly not addicted!
    So what are you still doing here?
    Just too much fun razzing all the Palm diehards and everyone over in the off topics!

Plus it is fun to help those see the light and to cross over!
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    What happens when you don't check TC in 96 hours?
    Everyone who you were arguing with in the latest controversial thread assumes that your silence is agreement and that they won the argument.
    Just too much fun razzing all the Palm diehards and everyone over in the off topics!
    Uggg...how can you deal with the drooling zombie posts over there anymore. Other than the Word games (which no one plays anymore,) there's not much to do in OT except read everyones regurgitated slop...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Just too much fun razzing all the Palm diehards ... <snip>
    Bad tiger!
    <snip> ...Plus it is fun to help those see the light and to cross over!
    What light?
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Uggg...how can you deal with the drooling zombie posts over there anymore. Other than the Word games (which no one plays anymore,) there's not much to do in OT except read everyones regurgitated slop...
    It's not about participating in the discussion concerining the topic of the thread....just pointing out how stupid their post was in that disucssion.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 10/25/2005 at 09:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Joe
    I am addicted. I am online so much using my 650 that my wife thinks I am having an affair!!!
    I gave my wife this URL http://discussion.treocentral.com/se...archid=3013606 so that she could check up on me. Because I am on here so much that she also was worried that I was seeing someone on the board

I get pretty ticked off at myself sometimes because I have so much stuff that I need to get done. I work really hard and I am 24-7 godawful busy so I decide that I deserve to sit and enjoy myself for a bit reading and chatting on TC. Then 2 hours later I am frustrated with guilt that I could have gotten a few tasks out of the way with the 2 hours I blew. TC is my only vice. I don't drink, smoke, spend money, chase woman, gamble, drugs, nothing,,,,,, just burn valuable time on TC. But before that it was something else. I think there are many people in the word (me) who have an "addiction to need". They feel like they always need something. They hop from on need satifier to another. One day I will stop visiting TC, but I will be on to something else. The problem would be if the "something else" were self destructive.

Like some one said, there are worse things to be addicted to.

Quote Originally Posted by ventnor1
    cruise control set to 62ish on the pa turnpike in the right lane of course is beautiful...provides about 40 solid uninterrupted treocentral minutes from allentown to mid-county toll. cars pass me as I grow nerdier.
    LOL
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 10/31/2005 at 06:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    I gave my wife this URL http://discussion.treocentral.com/se...archid=3013606 so that she could check up on me. Because I am on here so much that she also was worried that I was seeing someone on the board
    I make sure my wife can see my laptop screen so she doesn't think I'm online chatting or something with another woman.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I stayed away longer than expected. I guess I have broken my addiction.

BTW, the QTEK is SWEET! (It's late and I'm sleepy so I can't go into detail, suffice to say it has become my primary device.)

Well I'm back after an nearly 12 day hiatus! Anyone miss me? I had withdrawls the first couple days, but I'm better now. Okay, BACK TO THE ADDICTION!!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Na, were use to the Gfunkness skipping TC a month at a time,,,,,,

You'd have to go missing for 2 months before we'd start another "Where is G-funk" thread.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    I make sure my wife can see my laptop screen so she doesn't think I'm online chatting or something with another woman.
    I get accused of that evertime I pickup my 650 (when there is no call): "Emails from x-girlfriends?"
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I had not been to Treocentral since August which was a long time, but in that time I didn't have a Treo, I though, foolish of me, that there was something better, now with my job with VZW and a lot of extra time, and that I am getting a 650 again, it is time to come back, when I am here, I am addicted, I check threads constantly, I read old posts, I subscribe to threads so I recieve email. I just can't let go!
    Did I read that right "you work for Verizon"? or your job uses Verizon?

If you do work for the V, can you get yourself the 700w instead and post?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast