Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just an observation. Since switching browsers from IE to Firefox, I've noticed that Treo|central runs MUCH faster - especially in the "Discussion" section.
    Glad you converted
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    It's going to be faster with any website you go to... it is not tied in with Windows like IE is... Stick with Firefox... in my opinion it's a much better browser (and you will get a lot less pop-ups, virus threats, etc...)
  4.    #4  
    You're right! The more I use Firefox, the better I like it. BTW, I just dumped OutlookExpress and swithched to Thunderbird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzo
    You're right! The more I use Firefox, the better I like it. BTW, I just dumped OutlookExpress and swithched to Thunderbird.
    Very good choices.
    Make sure you take advantage of some of the great extensions out there.
    Yeah - make sure you get the Adblock extention...
    Welcome to Firefox, you will never go back to I.E.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Glad you converted
    Hey scotty...judging by your Thunderbird logo, I assume you use it. So my question is, are you able to sync up with it as you would Outlook? I'd like to use it but never put much effort in to seeing if I'd be able to sync up with it.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    Never used outlook, er tried it once or twice but never liked it so have used NS Mail back in the day and switched to Thunderbird a few years ago. I really only use the address book in Thunderbird for email addresses so don't sync it with my Treo. Used to use Palm Desktop for maintaining/syncing contacts (and calendar) until our company switched to something else which syncs to my Treo as well.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    No FF vs IE thread would be complete without an Opera user jumping in to tell y'all how great this browser is! So here you go.
    (Well at least I still use Thunderbird as my mail client!)
    Chris.
    Oh, I had missed those last posts... I did get Thunderbird to sync, *but*... First of all, private records would never be synced (the conduit would plainly ignore them). Also, some data fields are not properly mapped (what I remember is that if you had a contact with several email addresses, only the LAST one would be synced -- which is really annoying since the FIRST one is probably your contact's main address, and the rest are just backups).

So I find the conduit to be quite useless in its present state, and I don't see much effort being put into its development.

Oh, and one more thing: there's no uninstall procedure!! So if you install the Thunderbird conduit for testing purposes, make sure you backup your registry's "US Robotics" section before doing so. If you don't, you end up having to manually create the proper registry entries in order to sync with your current conduit again.

Regards..
    I think every program has its advantages and disadvantages. It not easy to say "Firefox is better than IE".
    I also had my problems with Firefox, some pics were not shown...
    But in general your right.

Nice greets

(sorry maybe my English is not the best)
    Quote Originally Posted by chriz
    No FF vs IE thread would be complete without an Opera user jumping in to tell y'all how great this browser is! So here you go.
    (Well at least I still use Thunderbird as my mail client!)
    Chris.
    I love Firefox. However, for some reason, my newest installation of Firefox doesn't work right. I haven't taken the time to fix it, but just switched over to Opera using the free purchase code I found here at TreoCentral a while back. Opera works great.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Firefox is teh cool.
  16.    #16  
    What purchase code? Isn't Opera free now?
    It is free. But if you have a free purchase code, hey, you can't beat THAT deal!
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    <<-----using Mandrake linux with firefox for even safer surfing.
    Make sure you do the FireFox browser boost config. If any of you don't know what that is, post saying you don't, I will give a link. It loads pages MUCH faster.
    I don't
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast