1.    #1  
    Updating TC community on news, software, etc.
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts
    Updating TC community on news, software, etc.
    Who do you suggest does/narrate the podcast?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Who do you suggest does/narrate the podcast?
    A talkshow/radio perosnality. Someone who is entertaining and informative. I am thinking of someone like Jeff Kirvin (sp?). I also enjoy hearing his opinions.

Why is this needed? Because I don't always have time to search the web for news and palm treo developments. To have it summarized in a 30-60 min show would be great for me. I could listen on my way to work.

A format could be:

I. Palm News
    A. Company
    B. Non-Treo Specific Devices
    C. Treo Specific (WM & POS)
    II. Treo Software Developments/Solutions
    A. New Treo software
    B. Updated Treo software
    C. Common fixes
    (maybe special podcast in which developers are interviewed, but this is different from this podcast)
    III. Hot Topics (summary of most active TC threads)
    A. Most active thread
    B. Others
    C. How to? (create a new forum where people could ask questions and have them answered on the podcast)
    D. Summary & opinions
    IV. TreoCentral
    (quickly discuss, announcements, etc.)

Again its goal would be to be entertianing and informative. Doesn't have to always be exactly right!

I think this would generate a lot of interest. I know I'd like it TC.
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts
    A talkshow/radio perosnality. Someone who is entertaining and informative. I am thinking of someone like Jeff Kirvin (sp?). I also enjoy hearing his opinions.

Why is this needed? Because I don't always have time to search the web for news and palm treo developments. To have it summarized in a 30-60 min show would be great for me. I could listen on my way to work.

A format could be:

I. Palm News
    A. Company
    B. Non-Treo Specific Devices
    C. Treo Specific (WM & POS)
    II. Treo Software Developments/Solutions
    A. New Treo software
    B. Updated Treo software
    C. Common fixes
    (maybe special podcast in which developers are interviewed, but this is different from this podcast)
    III. Hot Topics (summary of most active TC threads)
    A. Most active thread
    B. Others
    C. How to? (create a new forum where people could ask questions and have them answered on the podcast)
    D. Summary & opinions
    IV. TreoCentral
    (quickly discuss, announcements, etc.)

Again its goal would be to be entertianing and informative. Doesn't have to always be exactly right!

I think this would generate a lot of interest. I know I'd like it TC.
    I'll do it for some loot. Say $1,000/hr?
    How about Insertion as a host???

Nah, all the monkey hooting and hollering would probably get old pretty fast.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
  6.    #6  
    How about TC somehow nominate a few people, then we can vote them in, in a poll (or a few of them can share responsibilities, like co-host etc.)?

Are people interested in a TC podcast?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    How about Insertion as a host???

Nah, all the monkey hooting and hollering would probably get old pretty fast.
    Don't tempt me...it's not like that thought hasn't already occured to me.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8.    #8  
    I'd say go for it. TC can host them, there's no reason why TC couldn't have several podcasters!
    I'd like to see Dr. Doom host it with only icons! :-)
    I had already planned on having one once I get back from Europe (mid-October). I will be host but could have additional commentary from our readers if you have a mic and can make mp3 recordings. It will be a weekly podcast of about 20-30 minutes. Good ideas craigdts, I had some of them already and will try to see what I can get into the cast.

Look for the podcasts to start around the end of October.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Insertion's input would be beneficial-IMO. The guy posts more than anyone and probably knows better what the hot topics are than anybody.

I vote for Insertion for at least a section, if not the host.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
  12.    #12  
    James,

That sounds great. Looking forward to them.