Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 161
  1.    #1  
    After hearing suggestions from users and discussing it with moderators, from now on posts in the Other forums (Off Topic, Marketplace, TC and TC Store will no longer count towards a user's post count. Posts in the other forums will continue to add to a user's total.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
  2. #2  
    INSERTION!!

    Well, the mountain to 10,000 just got a little steeper. The good news is, if you do make it, the road to break the mark just got longer. (No asteriks, please.)

    I have faith Munk Man, you will just have to impart that PALM wisdom and insight in the other forums.

    Cheers, Perry.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JHromadka
    After hearing suggestions from users and discussing it with moderators, from now on posts in the Other forums (Off Topic, Marketplace, TC and TC Store will no longer count towards a user's post count. Posts in the other forums will continue to add to a user's total.
    LOL!!!

    Oh Well...Sounds strangely similar to Sprints "unlimited".......

    Chuck
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    you will just have to impart that PALM wisdom and insight in the other forums
    And do it in accordance with the new Forum Guidelines.
    .
    .....
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  5. #5  
    Good point Mark! My post should have been a PM to Insertion!

    Cheers, Perry
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by JHromadka
    After hearing suggestions from users and discussing it with moderators, from now on posts in the Other forums (Off Topic, Marketplace, TC and TC Store will no longer count towards a user's post count. Posts in the other forums will continue to add to a user's total.

    I think this is funny. Just my opinion but this would make real sense if you got a discount in the store based on your post count. Since it doesn't who really cares? If post count were so important then why were people with really low counts made into mods? It irrelevant. If youre going to minimize some of the posts as far as count go why not just do away with them all. I think vbvbvb $allows$ $for$ $that$.

    At least in most forums your post count changes your member label changes. Here youre a member from post one. So what does it matter?
    Last edited by Woof; 09/22/2005 at 11:02 PM.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    I think this is funny. Just my opinion but this would make real sense if you got a discount in the store based on your post count. Since it doesn't who really cares? If post count were so important then why were people with really low counts made into mods? It irrelevant. If youre going to minimize some of the posts as far as count go why not just do away with them all. I think vbvbvb $allows$ $for$ $that$.

    At least in most forums your post count changes your member label changes. Here youre a member from post one. So what does it matter?
    I agree with your opinion Woof, it's my opinion too.
  8. #9  
    hofo_mofo!

    How's school going?

    One of my sons is there too.
  9. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    I think this is funny. Just my opinion but this would make real sense if you got a discount in the store based on your post count. Since it doesn't who really cares? If post count were so important then why were people with really low counts made into mods? It irrelevant. If youre going to minimize some of the posts as far as count go why not just do away with them all. I think vbvbvb $allows$ $for$ $that$.

    At least in most forums your post count changes your member label changes. Here youre a member from post one. So what does it matter?
    For 1 thing hopefully it will stop 'poswhoring' and will bring quality over quantity.

    And if we turn it around if it doesnt matter, there is no harm in doing it..

    all in all it is a win/win situation.
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  10. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT
    For 1 thing hopefully it will stop 'poswhoring' and will bring quality over quantity.

    And if we turn it around if it doesnt matter, there is no harm in doing it..

    all in all it is a win/win situation.
    That's my sentiments. Thanks ToolKit.
  11. #12  
    Just call it what it is. The "Claire Rule."

    For whatever the reason, some people seem threatened that a teenage jeep chick that doesn't work, much less own a business (if there are any more insults I left out, feel free to fill them in) has two or three times as many posts.

    Big deal. Don't be a puss, just grow up.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  12. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Just call it what it is. The "Claire Rule."

    For whatever the reason, some people seem threatened that a teenage jeep chick that doesn't work, much less own a business (if there are any more insults I left out, feel free to fill them in) has two or three times as many posts.

    Big deal. Don't be a puss, just grow up.
    Where do you base that on? I seriously doubt that she was the reason for it.
    I didnt think of this solution but think it is a great one.
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  13. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT
    Where do you base that on? I seriously doubt that she was the reason for it.
    I didnt think of this solution but think it is a great one.
    Strictly an opinion Tool, but who would stand to most take the hit? Also other comments I have seen mentioned in various threads about this.

    And you even mentioned postwh0ring a earlier...(btw, another opinion, but I don't think you had anything to do with the OT post revolution, so my above post wasn't directed towards you )
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  14. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Strictly an opinion Tool, but who would stand to most take the hit? Also other comments I have seen mentioned in various threads about this.
    The action wasnt taken for 1 particular user in mind so your question is irrelevant.
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  15. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT
    The action wasnt taken for 1 particular user in mind so your question is irrelevant.
    meaning it was taken at 1 particular users request? Or 1 particular user that you want to punish (I know there's a better word than punish, but I can't think of it. Sorry.)

    Sad that 1 person (unless it's an owner) can wield so much power and influence.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  16. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    meaning it was taken at 1 particular users request? Or 1 particular user that you want to punish (I know there's a better word than punish, but I can't think of it. Sorry.)

    Sad that 1 person (unless it's an owner) can wield so much power and influence.
    stop drinking double expresso's and reread my post...
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  17. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT
    stop drinking double expresso's and reread my post...
    I'm not drinking anything. But you're posts aren't making sense. In one, you say you seriously doubt it was because of her. In the follow up, you said it was taken because of one person.

    Had you said in the first place it was not her we changed the rules for, but someone else, that would make sense.

    Still, if one person is wreaking so much havoc, why not ban him/her?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  18. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I'm not drinking anything. But you're posts aren't making sense. In one, you say you seriously doubt it was because of her. In the follow up, you said it was taken because of one person.

    Had you said in the first place it was not her we changed the rules for, but someone else, that would make sense.

    Still, if one person is wreaking so much havoc, why not ban him/her?
    I said wasnt.. not was... ok I forgot the ' but that should still be pretty clear..
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  19. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I'm not drinking anything. But you're posts aren't making sense. In one, you say you seriously doubt it was because of her. In the follow up, you said it was taken because of one person....
    Dyslexic, are we?
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT
    The action wasnt taken for 1 particular user in mind so your question is irrelevant.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions