1.    #1  
    I would love to see you all be on the forefront by starting your own relief fund for those in New Orleans. All it takes is one to get many (Websites) on the band wagon. These are NOT refugees....these are American citizens paying taxes just like you and me.

IGO!
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34
    These are NOT refugees....these are American citizens paying taxes just like you and me. IGO!
    Exactly, one news reporter on tv tags these US hurricane victims as "Refugees" and it sticks.

Ask yourself, would you want to be referred to as a "refugee". I know they are going through hell and may not really be concerned with labels, but we should be.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  3.    #3  
    Thanks "Mom". !!!

Time to take a moment, put the Treo 300/600/650 on the table and pick up the phone and donate time and money to these AMERICAN PEOPLE. "You dont miss ya water until your well runs dry". In the case in New Orleans, they dont have any water...or anything else for that matter.

IGo
    You can donate so many ways now. Through the Red Cross website. Hell even through the iTunes Music Store. It's so simple there's no excuse not to...
  5.    #5  
    Torifile

So true, but if you read the original post, it was an open address to the TC Admin.

Thanks

IGO
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I would love to see you all be on the forefront by starting your own relief fund for those in New Orleans. All it takes is one to get many (Websites) on the band wagon. These are NOT refugees....these are American citizens paying taxes just like you and me.

IGO!
    I tried. They merged my thread with that other behemoth. I am behind ya.
    All it takes is one to get many (Websites) on the band wagon.
    There's already a plethora of websites where direct donations can be made. At best, we could provide a link but I think most users here already know what they are.

I can add another one for Sprint customers... I just logged into my Sprint PCS account and saw this:
    Two Ways to Donate: Easy Text Message or Online Now

Text Message: Just use your Sprint PCS or Nextel phone to text message the word "give" to short code 24357. You'll get a confirmation message in return asking you to type "Y" or "yes" to confirm that you're making a $5 donation to the Red Cross, and you be billed for the donation on your wireless phone bill. Standard text messaging rates apply.

Online Now: Click the banner below.
    [redcross.org banner]
    A $5.00 donation that's quick, easy, and painless.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    I have added a story on the front page asking people to donate to the Red Cross. Thanks for the suggestion.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836