1.    #1  
    Is there a way to kill this 'feature'? It really gets in the way of my scanning the forum for threads. Even an individual preference would be fantastic. Thanks!
    No there is not.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
  3.    #3  
    So people like it then?
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I do!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    So do I.

I guess they could roll back to an older version of vBulletin, but somehow that doesn't seem likely.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by torifile
    It really gets in the way of my scanning the forum for threads. Even an individual preference would be fantastic.
    There IS an individual preference: just move your mouse out of the thread title column.

With a little practice, those popups won't bother you anymore.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  7.    #7  
    Alrighty then. If people like it... I'm pretty sure that there is a vBvBvB $option$ $to$ $turn$ $it$ $off$ ($it$'$s$ $pretty$ $customizable$) $but$ $no$ $need$ $to$ $do$ $it$ $site$-$wide$ $if$ $people$ $actually$ $like$ $it$. I'll just do the "MarkEagle workaround".
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by torifile
    Alrighty then. If people like it... I'm pretty sure that there is a vBvBvB $option$ $to$ $turn$ $it$ $off$ ($it$'$s$ $pretty$ $customizable$) $but$ $no$ $need$ $to$ $do$ $it$ $site$-$wide$ $if$ $people$ $actually$ $like$ $it$. I'll just do the "MarkEagle workaround".
    Actually there's not an option. I run a VBulletin message board just like this one, and it's definitely not an administrative option.
    Here is an option, if you really don't like it, browse the mobile version on your PC.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by URPREY
    Actually there's not an option. I run a VBulletin message board just like this one, and it's definitely not an administrative option.
    Interesting. I'm a member of macnn and applenova and both don't have text-on-hover for threads. It may be a hack. Who knows... Anyway, if the membership is happy with it, I'll totally deal. Just providing my feedback. I really like this board so it's worth it.
    There is an admin setting to control this and I'm discussing the options with James. I can't guarantee we'll change it, but we'll look into it.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    There is an admin setting to control this and I'm discussing the options with James. I can't guarantee we'll change it, but we'll look into it.
    Cool. Even if nothing changes, it's heartening to know that the admins are listening.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599
    Here is an option, if you really don't like it, browse the mobile version on your PC.
    PC???!? I'm on a Mac, thank you very much.