Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Shrink down Mr. Eagle's Avatar.

An army of little Treo spawns marching under someones name.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JHromadka
    The Treo models is a nice idea, but the icons would be so small that it would be difficult to tell them apart. How about a newer model Treo but in the different colors of the original Visor? That's even more old skool. vBvBvB $can$ $do$ $specific$ $ones$ $for$ $specific$ $users$, $but$ $it$'$s$ $better$ $to$ $do$ $it$ $for$ $specific$ $user$ $groups$ $like$ $the$ $developers$. $I$ $created$ $an$ &$quot$;$ber$-$members$&$quot$; $group$ $in$ $case$ $I$ $want$ $to$ $give$ $special$ $rights$ $to$ $those$ $that$ $help$ $new$ $members$ $or$ $win$ $a$ $contest$, $etc$.

If vBvBvB $let$ $me$ $rank$ $by$ $seniority$ $I$ $would$ $have$ $turned$ $that$ $on$ $a$ $long$ $time$ $ago$.
    The newer models with different colors works for me. Just curious, no way to increase the size of the icons for the various Treo models? Also, any special status for members who help conjur up these brilliant ideas?
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Nice avatar change, James, but I fear before too long we will see Insertions's avatar showing a monkey's head on a rabbit's body balancing two pancakes on it's head.

You've been warned....
  4.    #24  
    Oh My!!! He's a gerbil!!!!

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5.    #25  
    Or is it Guinea Pigs in a Blanket??

Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    The newer models with different colors works for me. Just curious, no way to increase the size of the icons for the various Treo models? Also, any special status for members who help conjur up these brilliant ideas?
    Bigger icons means longer load times on the pages. That's why they have to be tiny. Ideas would be all I need if I was better at Photoshop.

Insertion, you need to get your eyes checked if you think that's a gerbil.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
  7.    #27  
    Okay Bunny-boy, how small for the icons? I can make little colored Treos, but by the time I shink 'em down, they just look like little teeny blobs.

16x16 at the most. Here's a pathetic first attempt.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Houston - EST. 1836
    How small is small? The messenger icons are 17px. X17px.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

10.    #30  
    here's green @ 15X30.

Anything smaller and I'll start losing color...

Good compression Insertion. Still looks like a Treo at least. What if....since it's a little hard to distinguish the color, instead of coloring the Treo itself, there was a thin colored border around the Treo. Whould that change the specs too much?

Thread Crapper

I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    Good compression Insertion. Still looks like a Treo at least. What if....since it's a little hard to distinguish the color, instead of coloring the Treo itself, there was a thin colored border around the Treo. Whould that change the specs too much?
    A border would probably be too small to see at that rez. I could probably shrink it further, if I paint the bezel as well. I left it untouched, since at "normal" size it looked ugly...

Another thought, just leave the word Member, but change the color of one letter for every 100 - 300 posts.
    You become a fully complete Member when all your letters are colored. Or just COLORED. GREEN for newbie's of course

Thread Crapper

14.    #34  
    I guess taking Bunny Boy's lead, I could maybe just use the upper half...

A Treo look would have to be a crashed Treo. How about Bananas instead? Then Monkey Boy would be happy...
    Good start Insertion, but it's hard to see the color. Perhaps a thicker Stroke along the outside edge?
    Houston - EST. 1836
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by JHromadka
    Good start Insertion, but it's hard to see the color. Perhaps a thicker Stroke along the outside edge?
    I'll work on it, in the meantime, I have a 16x16 of just the upper half...

Very nice Insertion! here's the original Visor colors:

Translucent
    Blue
    Green
    Orange
    Black

A couple of other colors to do:
    Red (Edge)
    Silver (Edge)

Make them either a gif with a transparent background or if it doesn't look right that way make the background the same color as the light gray sidebar.
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    hey over at mtdn they have kudos points..how about that
    Houston - EST. 1836
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast