Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    No wonder we're putting out so many dropouts and illiterate people...
    Right. Because you're obviously just way more intelligent than everyone else
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Are there really that many high school students with Treo's?
    But yeah, I wish n00bs would search around a little before justing taking the easy route. Some peeps just want us to give them the answer to their question on a golden platter, I guess...
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Voices Carry
    Are there really that many high school students with Treo's?
    I really don't think that's the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaynes
    need a little help .how do you post a new question? thanks for the help.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhaha! I can't believe some of you ACTUALLY answered the question! Dummies! He/she was obviously joking, given the convo that was going on in the thread at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Right. Because you're obviously just way more intelligent than everyone else
    That's harsh, you shouldn't make mean statements like that.
    Remember, this is the Happy Forum.
    Just call me Berd.
    For whatever it's worth, I just got my first Treo last week (and am a newbie to this board as well) and have read the manual cover to cover. I'm just sayin... they give you the thing for a reason.
    Please do not allude to swear words. Thanks. Feel free to read the friendly manual, though.

Side note: before i ever heard the adult use of the "f" I read "friendly manual" in an issue of MacUser....<drifts off into memories of days gone by>
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Please do not allude to swear words. Thanks. Feel free to read the friendly manual, though.

Side note: before i ever heard the adult use of the "f" I read "friendly manual" in an issue of MacUser....<drifts off into memories of days gone by>

Good Point.

My father's 2nd wife of 35 years was a very sweet, giving, and somewhat strait laced woman. She made a comment to a friend about someone's use of language and the friend said: "You say it all the time!" She was horrified to learn that saying "PO'd" could mean "Pissed Off" instead of the "Put Out" that she had known it to mean for 70 odd years.

Cheers, Perry.
    WTF = Why The Frustration?
    Just call me Berd.
    We need a Glossary.
    Perry...you're incharge
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Here's a start on such a glossary, designed so that people coming upon such terms will understand their intended meaning and not be offended. No One at TC would ever intend to hurt the fragile psyches of our dear, dear fellow Treolytes. We are all, one, big, happy (non-dysfunctional) Family!

This is based on what's been said so far, then going beyond.

RTFM=Read the Friendly Manual
    WTF = Why the Frustration?
    SOB = Son of a Biscuit-Eater
    MF = Mean Fellow
    FART = Freshen the Air, Relatively Terminal
    B*TCH = Beautiful, Insecure, Though Charming Human
    HO = a Human with Ovaries, not to be confused with HOE = a Gardening Implement.
    LIBERAL = One who desires Freedom & Liberty (not perjorative at all)
    CONSERVATIVE = One who wants to Conserve and Protect the finer things in life (also not perjorative)
    COMMUNIST = One who wants to Commune with their fellow man, holding all possessions in "Common".
    PINK-O = One who lacks Melanin in their skin, easily sunburned.
    IGNORANT = Either lacking knowledge through no fault of their own whatsoever, or one who uses their freedom to choose to IGNORE something (see below).
    **** = Saturdaynite Live Uber-Teammember, as in "Jane, you Ignorant ****!"
    *** = Brittish for a cigarrette.
    HOMO = All People, as in "Homo-Sapiens", regardless of their preferences.

any others want to expand the glossary?
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Perry...you're incharge
    The dude is all over it.
    Perry for President!
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Perry for President!
    Not in this life time.

CEO's get how much a year? And we pay these lucky souls what, to take grief from all sides? Not my idea of a fun time. I would rather be out of stock on my fastest moving item for 2 months.

Cheers, Perry.

opps
    life time had religious overtones
    lucky souls and from all sides could be construed as political commentary.

My Intention was not to offend -- but was at humor.

opps
    now I am into sarcasm

giving up, while I'm ahead . . . . . . .

Just having fun guys -- you know I love ya and am with ya!
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    You may be wondering, What is RTFM? RTFM is an acronym from some fellow TCers to show their displeasure with you for not searching, or for not Reading The F*****g Manual
    ...CLIP...
    Could someone help me out with this word:
    "F*****g"
    Just call me Berd.
    Friendling

Having the quality of being a friend.

Read The Friendling Manual.

The manual is our friend. I will trust the manual. I will take it wherever I go.

(Did I just re-enter the PPR?)
    That would be F********g,
    not F*****g
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    That would be F********g,
    not F*****g

I was assuming that asterisks were not necessarily 1 for 1 placeholders.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast