1.    #1  
    It was just a little friendly humor, but an unidentified mod clearly got overly sensitive.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=92917

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    It might have been locked because it was off topic?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    It might have been locked because it was off topic?
    It was in OFF TOPIC...and a mod started the divergence.

I really think that closing every thread that strays a little is a bit over the top. He could have at least stated his reasoning. But as we know...it's your playground, not ours....
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    I don't usually object to a thread being closed either but the other day I saw one that just said "Sigh" and then it was closed by the mod. The thread could have been closed for any number of reasons and if there was a reason put like "personal attacks" or "flaming" or something, it would at least have answered my question. By doing so, it would also help establish the boundaries for what is and what is not acceptable (IMO) ;-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I closed it because of the nonsense subject line. I hate those! There weren't that many postings yet so didn't think anyone would care. Maybe I got a little jumpy with all the Sprint PCS firmware and Treo 670 postings.

I'll relax more on the OT forum. Thanks for the feedback.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836