Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    And a spell checker !!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    <merged>
    See if the above postings could help you.
    This thread should be a sticky in this forum.

Is it me or do I still not see any way to do boolean searches? or a spellchecker?

Most of the commandline switches seem to mimic the options available with the drop-down boxes etc on the Advanced Search page...
    Last edited by aprasad; 09/09/2005 at 06:34 AM. Reason: spelling
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Done. Spellchecker? I don't think vBulletin has it, have to check with JHromadka or Miradu.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I use the spell checker that comes with the Google Search Bar. Works well for me....
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Good point, I must remember to use that next time Mark checks me.
    Isn't this thread about searching from the Treo? How do you use the google search bar on the Treo?
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    Isn't this thread about searching from the Treo? How do you use the google search bar on the Treo?
    Yes this thread is about searching from the Treo. Although the use of a spell checker was mentioned. When working from my computer I use the Google Search bar spell checker. You can't use this function from a Treo.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith View Post
    I agree. I wish for Boolean...
    I know that this is an old thread but finally found an answer to this question.

To search via the URL with a Boolean like function:
    http://forums.precentral.net/search.php?do=process&query=Kentucky+and+WildCats&forumchoice[]=232&showposts=1
    This results for posts on the wallpaper forum for the phrase Kentucky WildCats.

http://forums.precentral.net/search.php?do=process&query=Kentucky+not+WildCats&forumchoice[]=232&showposts=1
    This results for Kentucky only.

http://forums.precentral.net/search.php?do=process&query=Kentucky+or+WildCats&forumchoice[]=232&showposts=1
    This results for either Kentucky or WildCats content post.

For those using TreoCentral, just change forums.precentral.net to discussion.treocentral.com.
    Anyway, only for people who have interest in doing their own custom search and for myself. I have not figured out how to do the search via forum names in VbSeoVbSeoVbSeo $but$ $I$ $can$ $certainly$ $give$ $you$ $the$ $forum$ $numbers$ $for$ $those$ $interested$.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Probably based more on limitations of the forum software used (vBulletin) for mobile devices than anything else I would imagine...
    Iím really happy that i found your website you wrote a lot of interesting posts Kepp working !
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12