Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it necessary to include a pic of some sort with every post; this has gotten to the point that it's pretty much has gotten out of hand.

For those slapping pics within all their post, can ya please chill with that. Not everyone is running a T1 connection. No one should have to sit through all the pics loading just to read what they come here for in the first place.

Some of you are starting to treat this forum like a moblog! I can understand if the pic is relevant to helping someone solve a problem; but come on now...thats not even what is taking place.

And some of you, in your haste to hurry up and include a pic, dont even have the deceitceny to make it small. As far as board etiquette goes, the correct size for a message board/forum is 320x240.

Now, I'm sure some of you will take this personal and if you do, well, you're an adult (presumably), you'll be alright!

All I'm asking is that those who are guilty of this please take into consideration that many of the members (not me) are on dialup!
    Also, please consider that many of the members are viewing Treo|C from there TREOSSSSSSSSS!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    UserCP
    Edit Options
    Thread Display Options
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    UserCP
    Edit Options
    Thread Display Options
    Insertion, some pics are actually relevant to a post; especially if it helps solve an issue. The option provided (IMO) is not beneficial.
    Its the same as saying that someone has to loose out so someone else can flood the forums with pictures.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    They'll still be able to view it. It'll show as a link.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I wonder who you could be referring to?!?!?
    Must be that Big_OTR character

7.    #7  
    They'll still be able to view it. It'll show as a link.
    Ok, so what you're saying is in order to know its relevance, linking clicking is in effect. Spend 1 month posting strictly from your Treo and come back and say how easy it was to get answers; or how much time spent clicking links?!?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    while you are entitled to your opinion, if i recall correctly people werent to happy with the way you posted, and i think your advice was to get over it. i think you should take your advice, but thats just my opinion. but im sure the people using dialup thankyou for speakin out for them
    Last edited by Franko515; 07/10/2005 at 12:42 AM.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    NRG should be banned from posting, untill he removes his avatar.
    I am seizing after reading this thread .
    Scandalous monkey with a 4 eyed girl .
    Scary .....
    I am out of this thread
    Blazer isn't a full blown browser. It's slow to begin with. If I were going to be using it exclusively, I wouldn't have images displayed. Your signature is an example, of wasted bandwidth (not saying you should remove it, just as an example.)

Is clicking a link that much harder than downloading an attached image?

You can usually tell when a pic is relevant.
    "Has anyone seen this error message?" "What is this symbol?", or the next great "Treo Killer" pic...if I'm online at 56k, aside from being miserable, I'd do everything on my end to speed up the process, including no images, probably remove avatars as well. But that's just me...

Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I wonder who you could be referring to?!?!?
    Hehehehehhehehe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    while you are intitled to your opinion, if i recall correctly people werent to happy with the way you posted, and i think your advice was to get over it. i think you should take your advice, but thats just my opinion. but im sure the people using dialup thankyou for speakin out for them
    "entitled"
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    NRG should be banned from posting, untill he removes his avatar.
    I am seizing after reading this thread .
    Scandalous monkey with a 4 eyed girl .
    Scary .....
    I am out of this thread
    And some of you, in your haste to hurry up and include a pic, dont even have the deceitceny to make it small. As far as board etiquette goes, the correct size for a message board/forum is 320x240.

Blazer isn't a full blown browser. It's slow to begin with. If I were going to be using it exclusively, I wouldn't have images displayed. Your signature is an example, of wasted bandwidth (not saying you should remove it, just as an example.)

Is clicking a link that much harder than downloading an attached image?

You can usually tell when a pic is relevant.
    "Has anyone seen this error message?" "What is this symbol?", or the next great "Treo Killer" pic...if I'm online at 56k, aside from being miserable, I'd do everything on my end to speed up the process, including no images, probably remove avatars as well. But that's just me...
    While I think Insertion has a point, the point of the original post is important in that a lot of people have gotten too happy lately in regards to trying to post funny images.

On another board I frequent, there is a specific section for silly posts. They call it crawling chaos I think.
    sitting a theatre waiting for Batman Begins and that flashing drew a bit of attention just now, LOL
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    EW! That's obnoxious !!
  18. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I didn't activate the scroll bar too bad it still fits w/o scrolling left or right.
    WARNING!!

This thread has been known to cause seizures in laboratory animals.

I didn't activate the scroll bar too bad it still fits w/o scrolling left or right.
    30" Apple Cinema Display. Most everything fits.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast