Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    30" Apple Cinema Display. Most everything fits.
    10.2 inch screen here and just a little scroll bar action. No need to scroll though.
    30" Apple Cinema Display. Most everything fits.
    Oh, I could have SO gone somewhere with that post, but I refrained.

Must be that Big_OTR character
    What?

4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big OTR Fan
    What?
    What the sam hell is a this space being taken up. Trim that b**** down a bit would ya?
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    What the sam hell is a this space being taken up. Trim that b**** down a bit would ya?
    that should do it...
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    "entitled"

Thanks
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I don't have an issue downloading images because fortunately I have fast conections on all my systems -- including my Edged Treo. But it IS ANNOYING when I'm using a limited resolution device (be is a laptop or a Treo) to have to scrooooollllll about to read posts.

how much trouble is it to format pictures as Scandalex asks ??
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it necessary to include a pic of some sort with every post; this has gotten to the point that it's pretty much has gotten out of hand.

For those slapping pics within all their post, can ya please chill with that. Not everyone is running a T1 connection. No one should have to sit through all the pics loading just to read what they come here for in the first place.

Some of you are starting to treat this forum like a moblog! I can understand if the pic is relevant to helping someone solve a problem; but come on now...thats not even what is taking place.

And some of you, in your haste to hurry up and include a pic, dont even have the deceitceny to make it small. As far as board etiquette goes, the correct size for a message board/forum is 320x240.

Now, I'm sure some of you will take this personal and if you do, well, you're an adult (presumably), you'll be alright!

All I'm asking is that those who are guilty of this please take into consideration that many of the members (not me) are on dialup!
    Also, please consider that many of the members are viewing Treo|C from there TREOSSSSSSSSS!
    This coming from the woman who has a 10k picture in her signature EVERY time she posts? Which could be MULTIPLE times on a single page?
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by millsda2
    This coming from the woman who has a 10k picture in her signature EVERY time she posts? Which could be MULTIPLE times on a single page?
    I will explain my reasoning one time, and one time only....this PARTICULAR signature was/is part of a test that I and several (friends) Treo users conducted. And you're right, it would show up each time I post. What you may not know is that it was only placed there yesterday and contrary to what you or others may believe, I dont have a problem removing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    while you are entitled to your opinion, if i recall correctly people werent to happy with the way you posted, and i think your advice was to get over it. i think you should take your advice, but thats just my opinion. but im sure the people using dialup thankyou for speakin out for them
    When you frequent a forum on a regular basis, you become familiar with each others posting style. What I did that 1 time got under the skin of a few people; but before blasting me in a civilized manner, 1 individual decided to take it beyond reasoning.....there are details which none of you know about.
    That Franko, is the reason why I said something to the effect of getting over it.
    What I didnt like about the entire episode is that I dont normally post the way I did earlier that day in question; yet there are many members who do post like that EVERYTIME they post and no one has thrown a hissie fit about it. Maybe it's because I posted in blue instead of this dull black.

Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    While I think Insertion has a point, the point of the original post is important in that a lot of people have gotten too happy lately in regards to trying to post funny images. On another board I frequent, there is a specific section for silly posts. They call it crawling chaos I think.
    My issue was about taking others into consideration. I have an extremely fast connection so this wasnt about me.
    As I've already stated, sometimes pics are very relevant to a post; they just dont have to be larger than life.
    As far as Insertions points, yes he does make good ones; but I presented other possible scenarios. The great thing about this man also is that no matter how funny he is; he's very reasonable! 'nuff said!

if I'm online at 56k, aside from being miserable, I'd do everything on my end to speed up the process, including no images, probably remove avatars as well. But that's just me...
    If I had to do it at that speed, I'd be miserable too; fortunately for me, pages load quicker than I can blink. Yet although I know of ways to enhance such a low speed, others do not.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    I think it's ploy to get me posting. Must be closing in on your 5,000th date
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  11.    #31  
    I think it's ploy to get me posting. Must be closing in on your 5,000th date
    HaHaaaaa...I didnt submit a date! Remember, post count doesnt impress me, therefore I didnt think it was worth a contest.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    HaHaaaaa...I didnt submit a date! Remember, post count doesnt impress me, therefore I didnt think it was worth a contest.
    That makes two of us...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  13. hsk
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Oh, MAN, you were at 4795 the last time I looked and the next thing I see (within 20 minutes) is 4805!! I guess I missed PM'ing my wager to Pamela.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12