Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Is it possible, that a change is forthcoming? Hmmm ....
    So was this planned?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    I'd hope so. Cause if the servers were down for 12 hours without being fixed, I'd be looking at the host. No reason things can't be rolled into a working server within an hour.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Ah, yes, and once again I had to slink my way into treocentral.

Is it possible, that a change is forthcoming? Hmmm ....
    Interesting, interesting.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Great timing. I was just about to upgrade the firmware on my Unlocked GSM 650 and wanted to read the instructions referenced in the article off of TC's homepage. Lame. Time to forum search.
    This must be a planned outtage. It has to be. Sad thing is there was no notice. The fact that many are smart enough to get here without the main page is reason enough to post some sort of announcement NOW!

This is just sad.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    I would like to complain too...but I'm holding out because they might have a really cool reason

(oh yeah...it's free too)
    Last edited by dutchtrumpet; 07/02/2005 at 10:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof on 07/02/2005 at 01:46 AM
    So was this planned?
    There was a change planned. Not sure which one is being put in place.

I will send an inquiry to the Admin.

Not sure if the store server is having an issue. The discussion forum server is ok as you are able to login and post.
    There was a change planned. Not sure which one is being put in place.

I will send an inquiry to the Admin.

Not sure if the store server is having an issue. The discussion forum server is ok as you are able to login and post.
    Ronbo, thanks for the comments. If there was a change planned, why not make an announcement? To me that is just irresponsible, but thats my opinion so whatever.

You made me laugh though. The second part of your statement is really quite obvious, .
    — Ed Howdershelt
    This has to be unplanned though since normally miradu or marcus would annouce immediately after the update.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Home Page is up, thanks to Miradu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Ronbo, thanks for the comments. If there was a change planned, why not make an announcement? To me that is just irresponsible, but thats my opinion so whatever.

You made me laugh though. The second part of your statement is really quite obvious, .
    Or at least just setup an .htaccess file on the server to reroute the domain right into the boards. Wonder how many people think TreoCentral is just going kaput. Certainly slim pickins on the boards today.

I always access the home page first, and when it didn't come up, I asked my hubby if he could get it. Mind you, he's blind. So he shot over to google and threw it terms to see what could come up and finally clicked a link that took him to the forums and said that's all he could get to work.

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi on 07/02/2005 at10:09 AM
    Or at least just setup an .htaccess file on the server to reroute the domain right into the boards. ....<snip>....
    Pamela
    The Editor, Michael Drucker, does want the users to visit the Home Page before going to the discussion forum.

I will submit your suggestion or move the Home Page to another server not tied to the store server.
    The Editor, Michael Drucker, does want the users to visit the Home Page before going to the discussion forum.

I will submit your suggestion or move the Home Page to another server not tied to the store server.
    I can understand that, but there's a HUGE trade-off to that. Seeing how much traffic this site gets, and the fact that there's a good many competing sites out there, it would only make sense to have a backup plan. Sorry, but loading just the forums is much better than shooing people away by a non-resolving site entirely - which is what happened to many of us who DO hit the home page first every time.

The powers that be need to ask themselves how much revenue was lost by not having a means for anyone trying to get in via solely the domain address.

I was this close this morning to finding another outlet for discussions, in fear that my never-ending black cloud followed me right into TreoCentral and blew the whole thing up.

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    I can understand that, but there's a HUGE trade-off to that. Seeing how much traffic this site gets, and the fact that there's a good many competing sites out there, it would only make sense to have a backup plan. Sorry, but loading just the forums is much better than shooing people away by a non-resolving site entirely - which is what happened to many of us who DO hit the home page first every time.

The powers that be need to ask themselves how much revenue was lost by not having a means for anyone trying to get in via solely the domain address.

I was this close this morning to finding another outlet for discussions, in fear that my never-ending black cloud followed me right into TreoCentral and blew the whole thing up.

Pamela
    Noted ... I will refer your concerns to the admin and see what can be done.

I should reported this last night but was not sure if it was my ISP or my PC was having the issue.

I was so tired from my trip I needed to get some rest. I will try to pay more attention next time.
    Noted ... I will refer your concerns to the admin and see what can be done.

I should reported this last night but was not sure if it was my ISP or my PC was having the issue.

I was so tired from my trip I needed to get some rest. I will try to pay more attention next time.
    And tell them the only one around here who found a way in was a blind guy who doesn't even use a Treo.

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
    Down again
    — Ed Howdershelt
    How long has this change in the plan been going on for? You all should fix it, and be qwik about it!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Just called it in. Will advise as soon as I get any update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion on 07/02/2005 at 04:28 PM
    How long has this change in the plan been going on for? You all should fix it, and be qwik about it!
    Sorry, I wish I could help but no such authority.
    Ok, Home Page is up again.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast