1.    #1  
    TreoCentral is looking to increase our volunteer moderator staff. Do you have what it takes? We are looking for dedicated individuals who have shown exemplary conduct on the forums and significant Treo knowledge over time. These individuals, in addition to our existing moderators, will become the leaders of the TreoCentral forums as we grow towards 50,000 users and 2,000 posts a day.

Moderators are an essential part of the TreoCentral forum, keeping it a safe and legal environment for all users. They have the responsibility to edit and delete offensive posts, and close or move threads. We are looking for full site moderators, and also forum specific moderators tasked to manage an individual forum.

If you are interested in volunteering, or would like to nominate another member who you feel is up to the task, please send an email to michael@treocentral.com, with the phrase "TreoCentral Moderator" in the subject line, and in the body, your TreoCentral username, what type of position you are looking for (full site, or a specific forum, please specify), and a brief statement why you, or the nominated member would do a good job in this position.

We will evaluate applicants based on their emailed application, and their previous TreoCentral activity. Chosen applicants will receive full training on our specific moderating policies.

The position of moderator is an honorable one, and is perhaps the best way to give back to the TreoCentral community. Good luck; we look forward to receiving your applications!

Please do not post nominations into this thread, only questions regarding the invitation. Thank you.
    I have to give credit to TC staff, they've done a fine job considering all the circumstances and controversies lately. I salute anyone who would want to endure the beating and lashing required for a moderator position here!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    it's really not as bad as gfunk makes it out to be. It is an honorable, enjoyable, and interesting position. We also have a new forum rules document in final draft stage to share that should clarify what is right, and what is wrong - perhaps stopping the "beating and lashing" that has been going on!
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    "Beatings and lashing" are why I come to Treocentral.
    "The floggings will cease when general moral improve."
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Do we get paid? ;-) j/k

I'm available for moderating Sat., Sun., Tues., and Thursday.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Add me, Treo 650 Hardware. Conan best stated my objective "To crush your enemy, see him driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women."
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    Add me, Treo 650 Hardware. Conan best stated my objective "To crush your enemy, see him driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women."
    i back your nomination for sure and myself
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    i back your nomination for sure and myself
    I'll see your nomination and raise you one Insertion, with a christinac130.
    I win!@#$
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    I win!@#$
    WOW Mr. Host!!! I am questioning my own sexuality after that pic of you...I wish to insert tongue into your mouth.

I would offer my services, but:
    a) I'm am so overwhelmed handling the 3 post per day in my own forum, and
    b) I would probably spend more time sending warnings to myself...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  12.    #13  
    a reminder: Please do not post nominations into this thread, only questions regarding the invitation. Thank you.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzytom
    "Beatings and lashing" are why I come to Treocentral.
    "S and M bring all your ____________ friends!" Luther Campbell
    Mr. NRG...if I were a Mod, I would politely warn you to STAY ON TOPIC!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    They're coming in to fast, I can't shake 'em.....
    Stay on topic....stay on topic.

The Moderator Mantra should be..............as quoted from Teddy Roosevelt, "Speak softly, and carry a big stick".
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
  17. hsk
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Hmmm I don't know, based on the way regulars berate mods around here you'd have to be a sucker for punishment.