View Poll Results: Should Woof be a TC moderator?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they're understaffed, and he's an upstanding citizen.

11 35.48%
  • No, he's lucky he's not banned himself.

12 38.71%
  • I'm straddling the fence on this one.

3 9.68%
  • Who's Woof?

5 16.13%
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    So we all know the moderators here at TC do good work, regardless of any "controversy" (real or imagined). And we all know they're sorely understaffed.

Woof has expressed his interest in joining the ranks of the selfless volunteers (heck, his signature literally dares us). So, the question is: should Woof be named as a moderator?
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    hey all. I am on the road for work and I was just checking TC before bed. This is cool.
    For those of you who voted yea, thanks, I appreciate it and thanks kvcobra for the poll.
    those naysayers....well we'll just have to see. JK
    I really just want to help out. Probably end up as disliked as some of the current mods but that's life.

Thanks for your support!
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    oh and I have refrained from voting to avoid tarnishing the results.

4 more years! :P
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Woof,

I voted yes. But, I'm not sure the "upstanding citizen" applies. I think you like controversy. But, when push comes to shove, I think you would make the right decisions. Plus, I think you would have at least a "creative" reason for decisions regarding this forum.

Good Luck,
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    I may have been pushing it a bit on that one, John. Seriously though, well said all around.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
  6. hsk
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Woof would make a great mod - he has:
    1. a thick skin
    2. lots of time to surf this forum
    3. a sense of humour, not great at times, but what the heck
    4. an affinity for dogs (always a test of character).
    So I voted for him. Not that it matters, I didn't get the impression this was going to be an election.