Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    You avatar is set to repeat itself 15 times. I took it and edited it, it now repeats itself contiuously
    Thanks, but I think if it rotates all the time, it looks too nervous. What I don't understand is why it doesn't rotate at all, at least sometimes it doesn't. Does it rotate on your screen? It didn't on mine, also not after refresh. Not really a problem though.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  2.    #102  
    Are you saying the one I edited didnt rotate? Or you just didnt want it to rotate all the time? Do you want it to rotate slower, I can do that?

I would have no clue why a gif would restart its cycle after a refreash, thats weird.
    Are you saying the one I edited didnt rotate? Or you just didnt want it to rotate all the time? Do you want it to rotate slower, I can do that?

I would have no clue why a gif would restart its cycle after a refreash, thats weird.
    It seems to be a complex issue... the avatar you edited always rotates.

However, the original avatar (the one you see on the left) does not turn when using Firefox, until I delete the cookies. Then it starts turning again for a few seconds when I reloaded a page with my avatar, but only the first time, then it doesn't turn any more even after loading a new page, unless the cookies are deleted again.

When I open the page in the Internet Explorer, the DNA always rotates for a few seconds, then stops, until a new page is loaded or the page is reloaded. Apparently it is a browser issue, Firefox does not seem to handle the "timed" gif as intended by the creator of the gif...

As I said, no big deal, I can live with it - thanks for looking into it anyway!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Man that must be quite a few frames to have him fade out so smoothly, very nice.

It takes me forever to edit gifs. Do you have any tricks or a tool that makes it easy? Right now I am using "Easy GIF Animator" ($15.00) I couldnt see spending $500.00 on Adobe, Is that for real, $500.00?
    It is only 43 frames. And I use JASC Animation Shop. It has all kinds of transitions and special effects.

Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Thanks, but I think if it rotates all the time, it looks too nervous. What I don't understand is why it doesn't rotate at all, at least sometimes it doesn't. Does it rotate on your screen? It didn't on mine, also not after refresh. Not really a problem though.
    Now I have tinkered with it... It will rotate 1/2 then pause, then spin, then pause. If you wanted that sort of thing.. (Took me 30 seconds Use it only if you want )
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    It's the Kid, The Splended Splinter, Teddy ball game, The greatest hitter who ever lived...
    I’m a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavisjohn
    Now I have tinkered with it... It will rotate 1/2 then pause, then spin, then pause. If you wanted that sort of thing.. (Took me 30 seconds Use it only if you want )
    Thanks a lot... though I still like it best the way it works in the Internet Explorer: it rotates for a few seconds and then stops until the page is refreshed or a new page with the avatar is loaded. That way people get the chance to admire the beauty and elegance of the movement, without it becoming too distracting. Apparently it doesn't work in Firefox... however, that certainly is no reason to go back to the Internet Explorer stone age.
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Thanks a lot... though I still like it best the way it works in the Internet Explorer: it rotates for a few seconds and then stops until the page is refreshed or a new page with the avatar is loaded. That way people get the chance to admire the beauty and elegance of the movement, without it becoming too distracting. Apparently it doesn't work in Firefox... however, that certainly is no reason to go back to the Internet Explorer stone age.
    Cool!
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    I, um, borrowed the title of the Dalai Lama for use on a medical discussion board. I was having a little dispute with a vendor of medical equipment, and I didn't want them to find me, so I picked the first name that came to mind that seemed TOTALLY unlike ME! The vendor tracked me down in about 15 minutes. Oh well, the name sort of stuck and I use it on my blog, Doctor Dalai's PACS blog. (Forgive the cheap advertising...)

I changed my avatar to reflect my new PPC 6600 purchase. So far, I really like the thing. It has its quirks, but so does the Treo.
    http://www.doctordalai.com
  9.    #109  
    Man it looks great, It looks like it was a lot of work with cutting out the pic in pic in pic thing. It must be quite a few frames with the keyboard sliding out so smoothly.

Maybe I should check out a better photoshop. Which one do you use?
    i changed my avatar to a pic of me and my computer gear.

when i was 15-18 i managed a pc cafe so i have always been into high-end computer gear.

living the nerd dream!!!!

-Grant
    Old Nokia - Nokia 3390 – Sidekick 1 (black and white) - Sidekick Color - Treo 600 - Sidekick 2 - Blackberry 7100t - Treo 650 and razr black (best combo EVER) Iphone 8gb - Iphone 3G 16gb - BlackBerry Bold
    If you have been a posting member for a while or at least lurking, you would know about my one Avatar that got nuked by an upset member and my last one that I retired myself. Beyond loving women, I have a less testostoronic(Is that a real word...lol)geek side which my avatar illustrates now.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Mine is from one of the greatest games ever....featuring GLASS JOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My avatar is of three smilies beating a dead horse, to commemorate silly seasons past and those to come.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I've had Jack Bauer talking on a 700 for a while now. I switched to Hank Aaron tonight as I begin my lifelong protest of Barry Bonds and his thievery of the home run title.

CLICK HERE