1.    #1  
    OK, I'm certain I have a few flames or hate postings coming my way, but I've been lurking on this forum for quite some time and have noticed that postings are getting a bit sloppy.

I counted 22 postings on the *FIRST PAGE ALONE* of the 29 total that do not relate to "Treo 650 Hardware" in any way whatsoever.

It's frustrating to search through un-related issues when looking for something in particular and I, for one, am growing irritated of it. We have a great forum on our hands with an excellent community to go with it where we can support each other....let's be a little more organized.

Am I alone on my thoughts for this? My $0.02

Here are a few that I counted relating to software issues or something non-related to hardware at all...
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Need Help Now !!!!!!!!!!
    VoiceSignal
    3 Attachment(s) Family Guy Custom On/Off Screens
    white screen of death for express?
    Contacts on a SD card
    2 Attachment(s) World Clock no longer displays map
    Can I disable 5-way system click??
    Life drive Or 650 ( Multi-page thread 1 2 )
    Cases for the Treo 650
    Flash Animation?
    Mocha VNC and RDP Client
    System Volume turning ON
    Unlocked Unbranded Treo 650 for $250??? ( Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page )
    Verizon data-plan blues
    is bluetooth sync shakey for you?
    Converting MP3 to a ringer????????
    Synching 2 Palm Devices
    keyboard backlight not turning on
    Locking Center Button to Prevent Accidental Call Hang Up?
    Poll: Treo650 in Health Care ( Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page )
    Versamail problem with VZ
    TAKEphONE resets verizon 650
  2.    #2  
    I also remind people of the sticky posted by the moderator at the top of this forum:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=64440
    what else do you want to censor ??

most all the threads I see in this forum are in some way or another directed to advancing the collective understanding and knowledge of all things Treo.

who are you to reproach others when they have some question that they feel may have an answer ?? Or some idea that may be of help to their friends here.

Ironically your thread does almost nothing to that end. It seems like you want to diminish free speech because you have a hard time reading and searching.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  4.    #4  
    Not at all, it's just that everything has a place...the moderator even said so. Are we to direct these comments to him/her as well?

I'm not censoring anything. I even said that I think this is a kick @$$ community that shares a lot of great information, but putting the information in its proper place will ensure easier findings and research for all of us.

The intent of the thread wasn't to stifle anyone.
    OK, tell me how you 'Built in wifi on treo 650' fits into your posting scheme? you talk abot future versions of the treo? if you were doing it correctly, you would have asked a question about the 650 having WIFI. Don' you think it is a misleading title? or better yet should be under the general section?
    I don't know if I agree with you. I think a lot of those threads are related to the 650. Are you making the distinction between hardware and software? I would agree with you that a lot of the threads here deal with 650 software and not hardware.
    Ashworth...I understand what you're saying and I agree with you. The incorrect section posting is getting as annoying as the amount of redundant threads on the first pages. (i.e.best ringer app)

I don't know why these guys are flaming you about censorship? I assume all your asking, is for members to start their threads in the correct forum section, yes?
    The mods have enough to do, they shouldn't have to sort the threads, too.
    i think it's good to relax a bit because many subjects are interrelated and intertwined. people need to be a bit calmer and patient of others.
  9.    #9  
    Christinac130, that's 100% the case

Post all you want, just do it where you're supposed to.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by GIS_guy
    OK, tell me how you 'Built in wifi on treo 650' fits into your posting scheme? you talk abot future versions of the treo? if you were doing it correctly, you would have asked a question about the 650 having WIFI. Don' you think it is a misleading title? or better yet should be under the general section?
    Nope, WIFI is part of the Treo's hardware and thus, posted correctly.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    I don't know if I agree with you. I think a lot of those threads are related to the 650. Are you making the distinction between hardware and software? I would agree with you that a lot of the threads here deal with 650 software and not hardware.
    Yup, you hit it dead on. Software belongs in its own place, hardware issues go here. I'm fed up with seeing "the best app" under hardware when I'm searching for something hardware-related.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashworth102680
    WIFI is part of the Treo's hardware and thus, posted correctly.
    Technically, WiFi is NOT part of the Treo hardware. It's either an SD add-on, or an accessory.

Of course, you asked in your other message if it would be included in the NEXT Treo. That makes it a Treo General Chat topic in my opinion (I decided to leave it in the 650 forum for now).

Sometimes, a given subject can belong in multiple forums. In that case we ask that they be posted in the most appropriate one. It's not an exact science, and we don't always get them moved to the right place.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Ya Ashworth it drives me nuts the "hardware" forum is the "catch all forum" everyone puts everything in there. A bunch of the stuff in "general treo chat" belongs in "off topic". The mods do a great job of moving threads but I wish every one would just put them where they go in the first place. Another thing that drives me nuts is the lack of description in the thread title. I open threads based on the title, and when the title says newbie question, treo resets, how about this case, sms, need help or some other vague statement I have no clue what the heck the thread is for.
  14.    #14  
    James - Thank you

Yeah, I agree, I'll sometimes have issues knowing where to put things...I guess if I knew the issue, I might not post in the first place, unless it was something that I thought could help others.

There are some grey area threads that I can see all the hype about, but the blatantly obvious ones should be put in their place.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashworth102680
    James - Thank you

Yeah, I agree, I'll sometimes have issues knowing where to put things...I guess if I knew the issue, I might not post in the first place, unless it was something that I thought could help others.

There are some grey area threads that I can see all the hype about, but the blatantly obvious ones should be put in their place.
    You have made some good points so far. As far as the multiple listing of a single thread, why not just post it in the one forum and then if it needs to get moved, then the mods can move it?
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I can't believe you took the time to count all those post.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby
    I can't believe you took the time to count all those post.
    He posted in most of 'em!
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    lol
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**