Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45
  1.    #1  
    The administrator has decided that Chick-Dance should be quiet for a while.
    Before any uproar starts, I'd like to clarify the status of Chick-Dance. She has requested a leave of absence from the TC community for the time being. I don't know the details of why, but have granted her request.

    So, the above should really read:
    Chick-Dance has decided that Chick-Dance should be quiet for a while.
    She will surely be missed while she's away...
    .
    .....
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  2. #2  
    I didn't realize that you need to request a leave of absence to not post for a while. I was on sabbitical for a few days while on vacation. Sorry I broke protocol and didn't make it official
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I didn't realize that you need to request a leave of absence to not post for a while.
    Um.. you don't. In Chick's case, there were apparently some special circumstances and she wanted her posts to be unavailable during her absence.
    .
    .....
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  4. #4  
    So the Aflac post is gone? I think she had started it...
    Not that I ever read it or anything but it had quite a number of posts and views.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    So the Aflac post is gone? I think she had started it...
    Not that I ever read it or anything but it had quite a number of posts and views.
    The thread is still there and you could still post. Only CD's postings are not viewable.
  6. #6  
    This is wierd. I don't get it. Sorta glad I don't.
  7. #7  
    I'm going to eat some dinner now. Please grant me a 1-hour leave of absence.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    The thread is still there and you could still post. Only CD's postings are not viewable.
    Beg to differ. If you put her in Claire-Hell, and since she did start the thread, no one should be able to see it, aside from you.

    But then, at 8200 posts and climbing...can a break be all that bad??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  9. #9  
    If a person asks for a leave of absence that person should be respected for it. Having said that, it is sad that Chick left, and along with her went AFLAC. Chick brought humor and wit to this forum and I think many of us recognize that and are going to miss her. I only hope that she's gone for a short time.
    Bon Voyage Noodles!
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    since she did start the thread, no one should be able to see it
    I forgot that what we did hides all the threads Chick started as well.

    Maybe there's another way to grant her request and still accomplish what she wanted... I'll have to look into it further.


    But then, at 8200 posts and climbing...can a break be all that bad??
    It's not quite fair to the other AFLAC regulars though...
    .
    .....
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  11. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops
    If a person asks for a leave of absence that person should be respected for it. Having said that, it is sad that Chick left, and along with her went AFLAC. Chick brought humor and wit to this forum and I think many of us recognize that and are going to miss her. I only hope that she's gone for a short time.
    Bon Voyage Noodles!

    Very well put - Chickie's wit, intelligence, compassion and of course totally georgeous avatars will be missed and AFLAC will not be the same with out her.

    Bon Voyage Chickie
  12. #13  
    I'll miss chick too but one has to wonder why she would suddenly want all of her posts to be invisible.

    Could she be afraid something she said here could be incriminating to herself or someone she knows?

  13. #14  
    two words about all this: who cares
  14. #15  
    I mean, do the mods (and TC in general) consider every post that I make to be my own property? If I leave, I can take them with me?

    It just seems like a weird policy to me.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  15. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    I'll miss chick too but one has to wonder why she would suddenly want all of her posts to be invisible.

    Could she be afraid something she said here could be incriminating to herself or someone she knows?

    I was curious if some nut job has been harassing her, and she simply had too many posts to look if there were any with sensitive info on them.
  16. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    I was curious if some nut job has been harassing her, and she simply had too many posts to look if there were any with sensitive info on them.
    Sorry guys, I'll quit calling. You can make the thread active again. You know me, I've got tons of time to get wrapped up in forum politics and high-school games!

    I put on my robe and wizard hat.
  17. #18  
    Mods have a lot of time on their hands. Why not use the time focusing on the treo? Mods' focus has been strange of late. I miss Visorcentral. Mods: think with the head with the brain in it.
  18.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by rolltide6
    Mods' focus has been strange of late.
    Why? Because we honored a (admittedly unusual) request from a well-respected user?


    Mods: think with the head with the brain in it.
    Yeah... that's why we did it...
    .
    .....
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  19. #20  
    If there was "sensitive" information contained in her posts, what good would hiding them do? IF someone is harassing her, he/she would already have the info necessary to do so.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions