1.    #1  
    Is there an Alert function here on TC so we can be notified of new posts on topics of interest? I know you can subscribe to threads and be notified of new posts - but I want to be notified of new threads or posts in any thread about a specific topic or app.

For example - I would like to be notified via email or sms any time there is a new post about -
    Callfilter, DA, Picsel Viewer, .pdf, etc...

TC Mods?

Thanks!
    Use the "Instant email notification" when you subscribe to a thread.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    Use the "Instant email notification" when you subscribe to a thread.
    No. I think he wants a notification of NEW threads with his keywords, or new messages with his keywords, that are not posted in his subscribed threads.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Agree - I think that's what he wants. Possibly because mtdn has a basic feature to be notified of any new threads in a particular forum. It's a big net to throw out, but it does catch everything - license plates, old tires, toilet seats, and once in awhile, fish
    Is any of you using instant notifications? I seem to be receving most of them several days after the actual post was made? If at all...

Chris
    There was a couple of days last week where the email was very slow in getting out but it was back to normal over the weekend (for me at least)
  7.    #7  
    Insertion's correct - I want to be notified when there are any posts that include a keyword. Something like a yahoo! news alert that IM's me and emails me when there are any news articles that include my keywords.

I'd like to keep up on the solution to the DA issue, a 650 version of callfilter or callshield, and BT settings in milan's Profiles. I check the usual threads and do searches but it would be easier to be notified when something new is posted.

Just wondering...