1.    #1  
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...0&page=2&pp=20

Closed.

I don't understand this. I'm not trying to be obtuse, or rude, or a trouble maker. I really don't understand.

This topic is titled "TreoCentral.com." It's supposed to be for discussions about TreoCentral. Not about the store, because there's a separate forum for that. So the thread referenced above is not Off-Topic.

What is more central to TreoCentral than the forums? What is more legitimate to talk about in this specific topic than how the forums are run? If you're not going to allow discussions about forum policy, you might as well just get rid of this topic all together. Public discussion is healthy, and should be encouraged, as long as it doesn't get personal, or turn into a flame war. And I've seen very few instances of that on TC.

Right now it looks like TC will brook no dissent or criticism at all. If that's really going to be the policy going forward, then I really believe you're at the beginning of the end. I've participated in a number of other forums that developed that attitude. They eventually got to the point where only members who agreed with the forum mods on everything bothered to post. That gets pretty boring pretty fast, and as a result they are pretty much dead and gone.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Whats the over/under on number of posts before this gets closed?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Mr. Meyer, I believe you got it right in the other thread. They've said before that how they moderate isn't up for discussion. On a discussion board, no less.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I was was asked by one of the more fair mods (in my view) to not discuss moderation publicly, but to do it privately. Although I feel I was right to start the "jump the shark" thread in a public way because this began in a public way, I will honor that mods wishes for now annd keep my mouth shut except to quote my response to him...

"Thank you fair your decent reply.

I felt it fair to discuss it publicly because toolkit made his complaint publicly.

for the record...I am not Bill Gates. "
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    That gets pretty boring pretty fast, and as a result they are pretty much dead and gone.
    I gotta tell you, the 650 forum is already losing its attraction without D&I chipping in every now and then.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro