Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tools post #5 is something that a "high profile" user like myself would've gotten the Mods attention. Since it had both a sarcastic tone, as well as off-topic humor, the standards should be the same.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Tools post #5 is something that a "high profile" user like myself would've gotten the Mods attention. Since it had both a sarcastic tone, as well as off-topic humor, the standards should be the same.

Hard to argue.....
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    But, what is the harm in injecting a bit of humor every once in awhile? I can understand flames, but a little harmless joke once in a while?
    Exactly! I am starting to feel bad for replying to Dutch, but one of the reasons that I frequent this board rather than the others is because of the humor here. I guess I am just as guilty as Dutch in this matter.
    Sprint PCS Treo 600 & 650
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I hang around because I like the community and having fun sharing info about this great device. I have gotten to beta test great software and corespond with some really neat people. you don't get that if personalities are squashed by the moderation.
    I totally agree with you! I love TC and it wouldn't be the same without the humor.
    Sprint PCS Treo 600 & 650
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
    No offense intended, really.

If the mods were able to police the endless amount of ridiculous new user threads half as much as they track Dutch, clairegrrl, Chick...there wouldn't be so much off-topic posting.

LadyTreo...a drink at 10:15am? My kinda Lady! ;-)
    Yours and Lady Treo's comments about liquor have nothing to do with this topic, woman!

Pray I don't click the triangle.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I couldn't agree more. This board has really gone down lately, especially the last couple of weeks. Here's an example:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=83306

Why was this thread closed? No reason was given. Was it "crap" or "France"? Either way, give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by christinac130
    If the mods were able to police the endless amount of ridiculous new user threads half as much as they track Dutch, clairegrrl, Chick...there wouldn't be so much off-topic posting.
    We've heard that it's just too hard to check all the new threads to see if redundant topics are being repeatedly posted, but how is it that some of you, Tool in particular, have plenty of time to read each of Dutch's, Insertion's, or Clairegrrl's comments? You can say it's not personal all you want, but you sure do a lousy job of making it seem otherwise.
    I'm back!
    Ok, if there's shark-jumping around here, everyone get out of the pool!

I'll talk to ToolkiT about it, but please, if you have an issue with any posting (be it by a member or a moderator), use the Report icon. Don't air out the dirty laundry here.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12