Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    If you're a real newbie I suggest using the treo as is for a week or so and lurking the boards here. Get a feel for what the treo does and what you wish it did.

This was meant to be on topic and helpful and I believe it to be good advice. Use your treo, lurk the boards. In your use you will find yourself wishing the treo could do certain "extra" things. Many gaps are filled by third party applications that are discussed extensively here. I truly believe that once you have an idea of what you expect out of your device and are informed enough to articulate more specific questions you will be able to get more from your time at treocentral. This is my personal opinion and is not meant to belittle but to provide feedback based on my own experience.

If either post has been taken as harassment of a new user I am not respnsible for such interpretaion. That responsibity lies on the reader.
  2.    #2  
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about

Whoever complained about this post needs to lighten up. If you're trying to get me banned that's out of my hands but is unjust.
    Whoever complained about this post needs to lighten up. If you're trying to get me banned that's out of my hands but is unjust.
    Is this for real? Did someone actually complain? About that post?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Is this for real? Did someone actually complain? About that post?

yep
    What "context" of that post was the basis for complaint? Your denial of witt?
    WOW kinda makes you think twice before giving genuine advice!
    Are personallities really not allowed here? If this site were not colorful... would it even be valuable?

Would it help if you put a disclaimer in your sig?
  7.    #7  
    This is a new thread to avoid thread-jacking a newb's thread on trying to fathom the mysteries of the treo. The thread was basically on track and assisted by vet posters but a complaint was lodged anyway. Out of respect for the great TC mods I have started this thread for any to discuss such instances.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=83127
    Last edited by dutchtrumpet; 05/03/2005 at 08:01 PM.
    I find myself with nothing to say....
    Nice sig!
  10.    #10  
    Nice sig!
    thanks A friend suggested I modify it.
    If the goal is to protect the "offended", What happens if I am offended by all the whinning? Who's With ME!?!?!?
  12.    #12  
    For anyone wondering this thread is in response to a complaint to a mod in this thread...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=83127

of my post, number #9

read here...

I have no idea what you guys are talking about

Read the thread yourself. I'm curious to know what folks think.

and whoever complained. I think of you as a coward if you do not post your response here.

that is not "name-calling" in the profane sense, but name calling in the accuracy of dialougue sence.

"coward

Part of Speech: noun

Definition: afraid person

Synonyms: alarmist, baby, big baby, caitiff, chicken, chicken liver, chicken-heart, craven, cur, dastard, deserter, faint-of-heart, fraidy cat, funk, gutless, gutless wonder, invertebrate, jellyfish, lily-liver, malingerer, milksop, milquetoast, mollycoddle, mouse, nerd, pessimist, poltroon, punk, quitter, rabbit, recreant, scaredy-cat, shirk, shirker, sissy, skulker, sneak, turkey, weak sister, weakling, white liver, yellow, yellow-belly"

Afraid of what?

confronting a comment head on and instead going throug a third party.
    thanks A friend suggested I modify it.
    Is that a dog, trying to m... omigosh, what if .... never mind.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Is that a dog, trying to m... omigosh, what if .... never mind.

silly pic..It's my best friend's dog trying to dominate a great cat, Gary...may he rest in peace
    Last edited by dutchtrumpet; 05/03/2005 at 09:16 PM.
    If the goal is to protect the "offended", What happens if I am offended by all the whinning? Who's With ME!?!?!?
    Then report it and we will deal with it.
    dude, that's the problem with people coming to this board and not doing any kind of research. i was using the search feature for no less than 3 weeks before i posted my first comment, which, incidentally, was to thank everyone for their inputs and research into the phone. when someone who has no interest in doing any research whatsoever comes in here and asks a question that those before him have also been too lazy to research, what is the expected response? to say, "use the search feature" is not an insult. it is a genuine helping statement. unless you're asking a truly technical question, chances are pretty good that it's been answered somewhere on this board already.
    Then report it and we will deal with it.
    Ahhh! I am drunk with POWER! (PAHWAAA!)
    WOW kinda makes you think twice before giving genuine advice!
    Are personallities really not allowed here? If this site were not colorful... would it even be valuable?

Would it help if you put a disclaimer in your sig?
    You are jumping to conclusions.

The complain was the continued thread jacking habits of the combo dutchtrumpet and insertion with their usual antics.

While some of it is funny, it does throw off the other readers with the legit questions and answer type discussions. Doing searches also can pile up a lot of these unproductive results.

Off Topic forums was set up for off topic threads. Some off topic responses have their place in the regular thread but not to constitute as the majority of the entire posting. Generally users don't want to waste time through the ribbing, jokes or off topic responses, which I am sure you all don't want to do if you have a need to find answers.
    Wow.........now that's ridiculous.

If your comments in that thread are to be considered crossing the line may I suggest the complainer acquire some skin because clearly theirs is too thin.
    You are jumping to conclusions.

The complain was the continued thread jacking habits of the combo dutchtrumpet and insertion with their usual antics.

While some of it is funny, it does throw off the other readers with the legit questions and answer type discussions. Doing searches also can pile up a lot of these unproductive results.

Off Topic forums was set up for off topic threads. Some off topic responses have their place in the regular thread but not to constitute as the majority of the entire posting. Generally users don't want to waste time through the ribbing, jokes or off topic responses, which I am sure you all do if you have a need to find answers.
    No jumping to conclusions here. I understood what the complaint was about, but obviously some of the comments suggesting ones intelligence levels are just, if that is the best/worst post they could bring to attention.
Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast