Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    Wow.........now that's ridiculous.

If your comments in that thread are to be considered crossing the line may I suggest the complainer acquire some skin because clearly theirs is too thin.
    Not all users has the same thick skin as you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    well, perhaps it isn't the skin that those users should work on. when you ask a question like, "what can my treo do?" or "how do i listen to music?" without (clearly) doing any research on it whatsoever, you should expect to get razzed a little. if you can't handle it, perhaps looking in the manual and forgoing any responsive interaction is the way they should go.
  3.    #23  
    You are jumping to conclusions.

The complain was the continued thread jacking habits of the combo dutchtrumpet and insertion with their usual antics.

I find this comment rude. I have been helpful or inquisitve in probably about 2/3 of my posts and sacrcastic or off topic in the other third. Rough guess of course, probably much less.

Usual antics??? Inserting some personality into these boards besides...

where's the underscore key
    how do I hard reset
    I hate palm
    I love palm
    Why does the BT suck
    What is the flashing snowflake

etc, etc
  4.    #24  
    Should we thin ours or should they thicken theirs?

a serious question.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet

Usual antics??? Inserting some personality into these boards besides...
    I personally don't go to the competition becuase of the dry lack of personality in the forums. If I wanted nothing but fact I wouldn't be seeking direction in a public forum. I would get an encyclopedia.

....Which brings me to my next question.
    What is the BEST encyclopedia that fits my very specific needs perfectly?
    Should we thin ours or should they thicken theirs?

a serious question.
    Taking dutch's comments on there own, I can not, for the life of me, see how they could be considered objectionable??
    encyclopedia = any book that will give you the answer to a question and then go to a public board and ask a question like, "what does page 1 mean?"

in other words, just use the treo manual. then you can be like the other whinners on here when someone answers your question and you realize that the answer was there the whole time, thus insulting your intelligence, forcing you to go complain about how you can't read.
    I find this comment rude.<snip> ...
    That was the complain. If I was rude to you, then apologies to you.
    so since you were rude to him do we have to take all the posts after this one and move them to another board?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretender
    so since you were rude to him do we have to take all the posts after this one and move them to another board?
    That was actually a favor by Robono done out of respect.
  11.    #31  
    gotcha, no apology necessary...this is NOT intended to be a mod bashing thread at all.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    That was actually a favor by Robono done out of respect.

exactly
    There are boards that have been around longer than this one with barely 1/10th of the active members this one has. The reason I spend almost zero time at pdaphonehome is that it is totaly PC, very dry. I put up the same number of posts here in 2 months that I did there in 2 years. So guess whose store sells more. This board is busy, fun and colorful.

I think theres a good chance that some of these unblieavabley green posters are urked, banned unstables that are trying to start trouble.

Forgive the spelling, my treo is crashed right now.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Forgive the spelling, my treo is crashed right now.
    isn't that half the fun though
    isn't that half the fun though
    For me its only 30% of the fun
    For me its only 30% of the fun
    Y'all have a warped sense of fun
    Somehow, I wish we have a way to pre-review new user posting before letting it go through the main board. It will cut down on duplicates as well as questions that was answered before. Unfortunately, I think that requires a 24/7 monitoring and moderating.
  18.    #38  
    I personally don't go to the competition becuase of the dry lack of personality in the forums. If I wanted nothing but fact I wouldn't be seeking direction in a public forum. I would get an encyclopedia.

....Which brings me to my next question.
    What is the BEST encyclopedia that fits my very specific needs perfectly?

Exactly...I keep trying to frequent mtdn and supported them from day one...even donated money when Chris (the founder) couldn't make payments for the web space. I get bored real quickly over there. They also used to mock TC for it's lack of purity since it fronts a store and now look at 'em, caught up in the beautiful web of capitalism.
  19.    #39  
    Somehow, I wish we have a way to pre-review new user posting before letting it go through the main board. It will cut down on duplicates as well as questions that was answered before. Unfortunately, I think that requires a 24/7 monitoring and moderating.

Tough one, there is no perfect solution. I got ribbed early on and even recently for posting without searching. I posted an add for a great deal on an sd card that had already been mentioned. It was my mistake.

Having been here and posting here for awhile does not make me better than anyone else here. It does however give me more perspective for what it's worth.
    <snip>...They also used to mock TC for it's lack of purity since it fronts a store and now look at 'em, caught up in the beautiful web of capitalism.
    They still do. They also have a big number of moderators.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast