Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Why is it that off topic threads are being closed in the "Off Topic" forum section with the reason that they are "Off Topic". This entire section is dedicated to off-topic discussion so why are these threads being policied so fiercely for off-topic material and being closed?

Seems like an oxymoron. What gives?
    Which threads are you referring to? I'm virtually certain there are other reasons.
    Oh, and by the way, this shouldn't be in the off-topic forum.
    He is referring to this thread: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=80976 which originally was from the 650 forum but since it is someone's personal site it was moved.

I merged same topic into an already closed thread.
  5.    #5  
    Which was originally closed for being "off-topic" correct? There also have been others.
    More important reasons are the name calling and flame war aspect of the postings.
  7.    #7  
    No problem there at all, that I can see and understand. The only thing was the reason given for the topic being closed was "off-topic" which was misleading. With that being said, you have answered my questions and concerns. Thanks.
    guilty here ronbo...sorry but tundy's constant spamming is getting real old
    I hear you but please leave the moderating to the moderators and admin. Be forwarned about your some of your posting as some of them are no different than tundycentral's posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    guilty here ronbo...sorry but tundy's constant spamming is getting real old
    indeed!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    same message for you, Insertion.
    Got it Ronbo, We were typing at the same time, else I wouldn't have posted.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I was out of line with the girlfriend post but I my post was different than tundy's. I am not trying to use these boards for my personal financial gain.
    Also...you guys an great job on this huge board. Kudos to you. I'll ignore tundy from now on.
    I think we're straying off the topic of our "Off Topic" thread....

Ha, ha, thanks for the smile, Insertion.
  17. hsk
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I think we're straying off the topic of our "Off Topic" thread....
    Speaking of off topic, and since you're such a fount of knowledge, what does OIIIIIIIO mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by hsk
    Speaking of off topic, and since you're such a fount of knowledge, what does OIIIIIIIO mean?
    Look closely at it...Two headlights and the seven slotted grill. As in Jeep.

I don't get out as much, but I love taking the XJ into the canyons.

oh now we're gonna start talking about Jeeps?

Lets keep this thread on topic or I'll have to close it.

Of course I cant do that, but it's fun to say.
    We're just keeping with the spirit of "Off Topic", that's all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast