Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    this used to be a friendly place to come on and learn what is going on in our community but lately it is more of a bashing contest and instead of helping people and inviting them in we a scaring them away. just saw a post with a newbe asking for help and the only reply was another clewless newbie.What happened to all the old timers they are being chased away by a few who think they know everything
    What does the fk in your username stand for?
    and I disagree with you. This thread is an example why...

http://treo.discuss.treocentral.com/...ad.php?t=79524

What you say happens some but the good far outways the bad. If it didn't no one would come here
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    There are some regs left, I think the newbies that need help, get help.

There are some that inflame, and lot of the regs that need their ego stroked daily, started another board that would give them titles like "GODS" etc.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    there are a LOT of immature people here. its a shame. there are many very helpful posters as well, but it seems as of late that the majority here is made up of obnoxious individuals polluting what would otherwise be thoughtful discussions.
    ESPECIALLY IN OFFTOPIC!! while there are some good discussions there, there are many that are sabotaged by obnoxious teenagers more interested in bashing others that hearing differing points of view. very immature people over there. as an casual lurker looking in here, i find them comparable to the loudmouth children misbehaving while you are trying to watch a good movie in a quiet theatre. you just want them to be quiet and go away.
    Trollers get booted eventually...
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Trollers get booted eventually...
    one can only hope, dbrummels
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm
    this used to be a friendly place to come on and learn what is going on in our community but lately it is more of a bashing contest and instead of helping people and inviting them in we a scaring them away. just saw a post with a newbe asking for help and the only reply was another clewless newbie.What happened to all the old timers they are being chased away by a few who think they know everything
    The Sprint ROM update has been discussed in more than 20 threads at Treocentral and it is all over the place on the web. Even so, if you go to the Treo 650 forum you can still see threads about the ROM UPDATE. OK so you don't like to scroll down a page. The ROM UPDATE is on the first page at TreoCentral in bold blue letters.
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/572-1.htm
    Lazy people at TreoCentral demanding good help for their laziness.

Al
    i have seen on other forums a "read first" page under discussion. maybe this would help. some people arent aware how useful the search is, they firgure its a forum someones always there, i'll just post a question a check back for an answer. im quite sure most newbies dont sit at the computer thinkin, hey let me go get cursed out in a forum. (NEWBIES) we are new, give us a break. we have to crawl before we walk. i think another issue is the way questions are posted. i read on someone page, i think MarkEagle the proper way to post a question or something like that. well any way, i think treocentral is a great site, very helpful (most members )
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    newbies die ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    newbies die ;-)
    Every one of us starts out as a Newbie, some may make more mistakes than others and some may offend more than others.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Why is it that newbies look bad when they first start? It is because TreoCentral does not give them a read rules agreement when they first sign in. Something in big bold letters that says, "Please Read older posts before asking" "If you don't find an answer to your question pleas use the search function" You know? Or at least read the News section at TreoCentral. Now, if after all that they keep posting things like. "What is the best BT headset for the Treo 650?" or "Where can I download the lastest ROM patch" or "Can I get phone calls while I'm on the web?" You know? Things that are discussed all over the place. And if your question is similar to what you see on the posts. Then just add a reply on the same thread don't create a new thread about the same old topic. Jesus......!!!

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    i have seen on other forums a "read first" page under discussion. maybe this would help. some people arent aware how useful the search is, they firgure its a forum someones always there, i'll just post a question a check back for an answer. im quite sure most newbies dont sit at the computer thinkin, hey let me go get cursed out in a forum. (NEWBIES) we are new, give us a break. we have to crawl before we walk. i think another issue is the way questions are posted. i read on someone page, i think MarkEagle the proper way to post a question or something like that. well any way, i think treocentral is a great site, very helpful (most members )
    Treolo maybe you should read the post, you said exactly what i did
    still wet behind the ears yourself i see

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    a little off topic but is there anyway ti type an underscore on my treo.
    Is it me, or does anyone else think that no matter what, Treolo's posts always seem to go along with his avatar???
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    option > s > Alt.
    you newbies i swear

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    option > s > Alt.
    you newbies i swear
    Damn it! You beat me to it. I'll have to "search" for another thread to have my ego stroked!
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Treolo maybe you should read the post, you said exactly what i did
    still wet behind the ears yourself i see
    Not really? I said that all Newbies should be given a rules list, short but helpful so that they know how things work around here when they FIRST REGISTER. Now if they still do not go by the rules then we flame them to death Now that is different isn't it?

Al
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast