Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda
    Jimmy likes Elaine.

Jimmy's down! Jimmy's hurt!

(If you're confused, you didn't watch enough Seinfedl)
    Jimmy's gonna get Kramer for spilling water. Kramer hurt Jimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    To test your claim of the consistency of what % does on calculators, I tried the 3 calculators to which I currently have access: the one on my Windows XP machine, RPN (palm) and Calc (Treo). They each did a different thing. Windows' calculator did what you suggested, RPN could only do "X enter Y %" and resulted in X * (Y/100), and the Treo calc did what we all know.

So I would say that "all" calculators with which I tried the % key in the last 20 years interpreted it inconsistently
    Okay, I'll take your word for it; it's just that this is the first I've ever seen of it do anything besides the function I'm used to.

Could it be that the % key works like I'm used to in all calculators except for scientific calculators? If that's the case, there's a certain consistency in that.

But even if you allow for multiple variations on the function of the % key, you have to admit that just "divide the current displayed value by 100" is not a particularly useful implementation.
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.
    I'm flushing my Treo down the toilet since it can't do 50 + 5%. I do that calculation 5 or 6 times a day!
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    Doom read earlier "Calculator Bad" threads. Doom has now read this "Calculator Bad" thread. Doom once crapped a lot in one day. Doom's anus burned with the power of one thousand suns that day. That was more enjoyable than this. Doom is going to find some rope and a sturdy rafter now. Ugh.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Oh, and this should have been posted in the TreoCentral.com forum...
    Moved ....
    MVT, ok so who's the pic of?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123