Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Why don' the mods just go ahead and ban EVERYONE? They've really screwed up this site.
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkX
    Why don' the mods just go ahead and ban EVERYONE? They've really screwed up this site.
    Looks someone is asking to get banned...nazi is a pretty extreme name
    just create a new login seldomvisitor
    If you go to the Treocentral.com section of the discussion forum you can read all about it. He was warned to stop and told he would be banned if he did not stop. He basically DARED the mods to ban him and said he couldn't care less. So as I see it he got what he asked for.

As for the 'nazi' mods- oh puhleeze. These are people who VOLUNTEER their time to do a thankless job. If the forums are so bad-don't come here.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by beelzebueb
    just create a new login seldomvisitor
    Looks like seldom already did. Name is pinkX.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Looks like seldom already did. Name is pinkX.
    good observation Dutch. pinkX just became a member this month. Seldom and pinkX are one in the same.
    Always thought PurpleX (for those who remember that name) and SV were connected Now we get pinkX with one post asking about SV.
    If he did it will be short-lived. The mods track IP's of banned users. My question is why would he bother? He stated what a useless site it is and how little he cared in the rant that got him banned. Since he cares so little why do you care at all?
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    purpleX=seldomvisitor=pinkx
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    We shall see. 'Nazi' is a strong word, even for SV. He always tried to be "clever"... We shall see.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Giggle
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Why was he banned?

I'm sure someone can point to the thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by tjd414
    Giggle
    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Always thought PurpleX (for those who remember that name) and SV were connected Now we get pinkX with one post asking about SV.
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name...(Cheers)
    Aw cm'on man!
    Seldom is a vet with more than 1500 posts!! This is a travesty!!
    Unless he cursed out the mods or kamikazi-ed his way into other posts by dismissing/harassing constantly other posters, I really can't see the justification. And also I too would like to see his last taunting posts to the mods.
    You do know that the Nazi were sadistic mass murders right? Banning someone from a board you own/control because of negative comments isn't the same thing. If you don't like this sandbox nobody is stopping you from finding one that you do.

Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Here you go. Below is a recent post by Hengeem on the Yahoo Palmone Finance Board. Hengeem is also known as "SeldomVisitor" right here on TC. Notice how he kept referring to the negative posts here to talk down the Treo 650.

Obviously, something never changes. I, for one, am very glad that he is banned. TC is a much better place without SV/Hengeem.

"$500+ cellphone+a few extra features
    by: hengeem 12/12/04 06:39 am
    Msg: 36709 of 36767

One of the features being "Doesn't receive phone calls"!

== "...I seem to have an issue where if the phone
    == is not IN the phone app, it won't ring or
    == answer most of the time. I tested it today by
    == sending an SMS message and staying in the
    == messaging app. I waited for no arrows around
    == the antenna icon. I then called the phone and
    == listed on the calling device... four rings in
    == and nothing on the 650 screen..."

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...8&postcount=35

and

== "...Woah, I just tried the same sequence of
    == events minus de hard reset and I get the
    == same problem maybe 30% of the time: the
    == phone doesn't ring. I think it might be its
    == sluggishness to switch back to the phone app
    == that is causing the problem, because the
    == problem is just not a delay when dialing -
    == this phone is slow as molasses even when
    == just swiching apps. I compared it to my T600
    == and the difference is abysmal..."
    ==
    == "...I'm really beginning to think there's
    == more to this than a simple issue such as too
    == many contacts or installed programs."

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&postcount=37

Cool, eh?

And one MUST begin to wonder just how Walt Mossberg tried out this phone. Sure, he noted a lot of problems in his "preproduction model" review:

-- http://ptech.wsj.com/archive/ptech-20041028.html

but he's since said "If I'd known about the memory issue I would have advised powerusers against it":

-- http://ptech.wsj.com/archive/mailbox-20041202.html

Think he'll take it the next step and say "If I'd known about the nonanswering of phone calls I'd have..."?

Nah, me neither!

Sheesh."
    Go to the treocentral.com page. Read the thread entitled 'Banned Users'.I don't care how many posts he had. He asked for it.

Quoting here from 'Cool Hand Luke' ...'which is what he wants... well he git's it'
    Welcome back, The Chupacabra or Zen, etc. and goodbye as well.
    buh bye
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast