• Yes

54 72.00%
  • No

9 12.00%
  • I would, but I don't know how.

12 16.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Would you listen to a Treocentral Podcast (or Treocast, as we'd most likely call it)?
    SOunds like cool idea! In fact I already do so on my Treo 600! For example, I download the latest podcast from Engadget using webpro on my Treo 600 and save the mp3 directly to the card (using 13 MB or so). The download usually takes 10 min max depending on signal strength. Then just move the mp3 podcost via filez or zlauncher to the appropiate dir (/AUDIO) open the mp3 via Ptunes or Real! Works great!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    I use Windows Media 10 and a podcast aggregator to download a ton of podcasts to my SD card every morning (along with a few Replay Radio broadcasts I record myself). Works like a charm.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    I use Windows Media 10 and a podcast aggregator to download a ton of podcasts to my SD card every morning (along with a few Replay Radio broadcasts I record myself). Works like a charm.
    That works too...but I don't have access to a pc right now! Hehe...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5.    #5  
    There are so many things I think of over the course of the week about Treos and there is so much I think I can recap from the forums, I think it would make an interesting podcast. GFunk, have any radio experience?
    There are so many things I think of over the course of the week about Treos and there is so much I think I can recap from the forums, I think it would make an interesting podcast. GFunk, have any radio experience?
    Nope...sorry, I don't have any radio experience unfortunately. Besides, I think my voice sounds awful on tape!

Would you listen to a Treocentral Podcast (or Treocast, as we'd most likely call it)?
    Dude, forget the pole. Do it! If it's good, even people who didn't think they'd want to would tune in.

And gfunk, I think you should join in. I'm sure you can find a program to bulk up your voice if you really want to. Be his Lenn Pryor. You know your stuff and people respect your opinions.
    I would surely listen! I just started Ipodding, but I listen on my Ipod and I'm finding lots of ways to fill-up my 40 gigs.

But, I'm not sure if you know there's already a 'Treo Podcast' (Obviously, not Treocentral's). You can find more information here.

I also second the 'nomination' for gfunk as host or co-host or at least special guest appearances now and then.
  9.    #9  
    I've spoken to the guy over at mobilpodcast (via email). The aim of the shows are significantly different, I think, though I think he has a lot to offer. I'm leaning more and more toward doing it. I think I'll keep a running list of things to talk about and when I get a full enough list, I'll hit record and see what happens.
    Do it! I discovered podcasting about a month ago. I download stuff and listen on my iRiver. It would be GREAT to have a podcast about Treo stuff!
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
  11.    #11  
    Come on, you have to download it on your Treo! :-)

HAHA!! Don't be silly, why download it if you can stream it!!

Seriously, it is possible for Treocentral to host a Treocast and stream it to Treocentral users via Ptunes or something? That would one-up the whole Podcasting phenomenon imo and put the Treo at a totally different level!

13.    #13  
    We'd have to set up a streaming server, right? You can't just play mp3s as they are downloaded on a Treo, right?
    We'd have to set up a streaming server, right? You can't just play mp3s as they are downloaded on a Treo, right?

Well, with Ptunes you could stream mp3's instead of having to download first. Additionally, I recall from the thread below that Wahooka described his setup of how to create your own shoutcast server using winamp:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&highlight=MLB

However for bandwidth reasons, I imagine it would be alot easier for Treocentral to just provide an mp3 download instead of streaming...

I'd love to...but check my signature...I'm Treoless until they have an unlocked GSM 650 available...and hopefully all the memory issues fixed too...also lurking in awe as shadowmite & co. are making the wifi a reality!!!
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    Heck, I just had another thought... Why not use Kinoma to stream a Treocast video show! The free Kinoma 2 player supports streaming vids fyi! Now that would really take it to the next level!

17.    #17  
    Because I'm ugly. That's why.
    I think it's settled. You guys must do a Podcast. Now we need to talk about how to set it up.

GFunk, I think you're right. If you both podcast AND allow Treos to stream, you'll take this thing to the next level. I love the word KRamsauer just coined, "Treocast." Go with that.
    has there been any devolpment on this yet?
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  20.    #20  
    I started to record something once and then realized I can't talk on and on about stuff. It's dead for the time being.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast