Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    What does the number of posts and when someone joined matter. I guess you missed the day when they defined trolling. There are ways of expressing an opposing opinion without trolling. We have some people on these boards that do that.

I don't see why TreoCentral shouldn't be biased. If you are looking for a site that's not biased toward the Treo try Howard Forums or something like that.

Why treocentral shouldnt be biased?
    Because people ask questions here, people want alternatives. I give them my honest opinions about it.
    When somebody ask, "I am gonna return my shxxxy 650, any alternatives?"
    I give them an alternative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deweezal
    I dont advertise. They ask a question I give my total opinion.
    Nuff said.
    Most of these threads are about conversations and questions, not stupid comments that are the same every time. Notice that no one ever responds to your same old crap?

They ask a question like "my sms doesn't work what's wrong?"
    your response, "you should a bought the 6601."

"How do you configure voice response?"
    you should have bought a 6601."

My sprint phone battery life sucks, whats wrong?
    "6601 battery life sucks too, but it sucks better with a 6601.
    didnt I apoligize about give out the wrong advice?
    Talk about being anal.
    I don't think anyone believes it was unintentional. It was just a way to hijack the thread toward pushing PPC.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Most of these threads are about conversations and questions, not stupid comments that are the same every time. Notice that no one ever responds to your same old crap?

They ask a question like "my sms doesn't work what's wrong?"
    your response, "you should a bought the 6601."

"How do you configure voice response?"
    you should have bought a 6601."

My sprint phone battery life sucks, whats wrong?
    "6601 battery life sucks too, but it sucks better with a 6601.

Those statements have never been stated. And ridiculous.
    I'm sorry if people cannot take other options or alternatives.

"Stupid questions gets stupid answers."
    Treocentral is very biased, and closed minded when it comes to any other devices that is not a treo.

please re-read what you just wrote. then catch a giant cluestick. there is *nothing implicitly wrong* with bias. bias, in fact, can be a very good thing. everybody has the word 'bias' all wrapped up with its application to social issues. it's a perfectly good word, that does not actually imply anything negative in and of itself. bias, when it is applied in irrational ways, such as refusing to allow some people to ride in the front of the bus because the color of their skin differs from the majority, is bad.

bias, when it is applied to an enthusiast forum, where people specifically go to it to find information about THE SPECIFIC THING THAT IT'S NAMED FOR, is not wrong, it is perfectly normal and appropriate.

now run along and drink some drain cleaner, okay?
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
  6.    #26  
    I don't think anyone believes it was unintentional. It was just a way to hijack the thread toward pushing PPC.

Its called making unfair assumptions.
    Why treocentral shouldnt be biased?
    Because people ask questions here, people want alternatives. I give them my honest opinions about it.
    When somebody ask, "I am gonna return my shxxxy 650, any alternatives?"
    I give them an alternative.
    Where was that in the thread where the person asked for action games on the Treo 650? I didn't hear anyone say that they looking for alternatives. If you stick to those threads and suggest an alternative, I'm sure you wouldn't be banned by T|C.
    "Stupid questions gets stupid answers."
    and stupid answers get u booted, if only for an hour.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by anastrophe
    please re-read what you just wrote. then catch a giant cluestick. there is *nothing implicitly wrong* with bias. bias, in fact, can be a very good thing. everybody has the word 'bias' all wrapped up with its application to social issues. it's a perfectly good word, that does not actually imply anything negative in and of itself. bias, when it is applied in irrational ways, such as refusing to allow some people to ride in the front of the bus because the color of their skin differs from the majority, is bad.

bias, when it is applied to an enthusiast forum, where people specifically go to it to find information about THE SPECIFIC THING THAT IT'S NAMED FOR, is not wrong, it is perfectly normal and appropriate.

now run along and drink some drain cleaner, okay?

When someone post a thread stating.
    "my 650 sucks, I am going to return it. Any alternatives?"
    I give them a alternative. B
    Being biased, influences people to be closed minded. Close up their better alternatives.
    Let me ask you something then?
    Why does treocentral have a "other devices" section, and continouly deletes the threads? What is the point of having another section.

drain cleaner? lol chuck chuck funny.
  10.    #30  
    Where was that in the thread where the person asked for action games on the Treo 650? I didn't hear anyone say that they looking for alternatives. If you stick to those threads and suggest an alternative, I'm sure you wouldn't be banned by T|C.

They asked for best action games. I gave them a emulator by mistakenly on a ppc platform that plays action games.

Can we say anal?
    Its called making unfair assumptions.
    I believe, as did the moderator, that it was based on a number of other threads around here.

A couple of quotes:

"Thanks ben, I feel sorry for the 650's with no chance of wifi ever." Clearly that's not a fact, but is stated as a fact.

To "Treo Memory is a Probelm" you said " I have your solution! "ppc660x"

"Good choice! Upgrade to the ppc660x, I am sure you will be completly satisfied." -- Your choice of "upgrade" here...

To "Battery Meter stuck at 99%" -- "Should have went with the ppc660x"

These people aren't asking for alternatives, but you are offering them and using very misleading terms such as "upgrading". "Upgrade" can't be used consistantly against entirely different products. Anyone trying to help someone would mention that.
    They asked for best action games. I gave them a emulator by mistakenly on a ppc platform that plays action games.

Can we say anal?
    Why don't you point out the times that you helped people solve a Treo problem or answer a Treo question that doesn't involve them going to a PPC. How can one believe it was a mistake when there is significant evidence of the contrary?
    Ok, if in your own words you post out here because you're bored, then why are complaining when you get banned? If this is just a game to occupy your time, then obviously morphgear really isn't that great and you should have just said trolling...
  14.    #34  
    I believe, as did the moderator, that it was based on a number of other threads around here.

A couple of quotes:

"Thanks ben, I feel sorry for the 650's with no chance of wifi ever." Clearly that's not a fact, but is stated as a fact.

To "Treo Memory is a Probelm" you said " I have your solution! "ppc660x"

"Good choice! Upgrade to the ppc660x, I am sure you will be completly satisfied." -- Your choice of "upgrade" here...

To "Battery Meter stuck at 99%" -- "Should have went with the ppc660x"

These people aren't asking for alternatives, but you are offering them and using very misleading terms such as "upgrading". "Upgrade" can't be used consistantly against entirely different products. Anyone trying to help someone would mention that.
    Are any of those statements untrue?
    I think not. Harsh but fair. And indeed he will be satisfied with his choice.
  15.    #35  
    Why don't you point out the times that you helped people solve a Treo problem or answer a Treo question that doesn't involve them going to a PPC. How can one believe it was a mistake when there is significant evidence of the contrary?

I posted near 200 times, I helped many.
    Recently people have had problems with there treo and I gave them a alternative. If you want to believe the fact that there are better phones out there than thats up to you. But there infact are.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by SlipperyPete
    Ok, if in your own words you post out here because you're bored, then why are complaining when you get banned? If this is just a game to occupy your time, then obviously morphgear really isn't that great and you should have just said trolling...
    It is the same reason you are wasting your time looking and responding to this thread. Being bored.
    Did I complain?
    Morphgear is great, there forums and number of threads justify it.
    Dont be mad cause the ppc has the power to run the application and palm does not.

The 650 will never have the power to run this application and many others that ppc has to offer. And that is a FACT!
    Cry, believe, and hope all you want. It will make no difference.
  17.    #37  
    Awww. This has been the most fun I have had on a forum yet.

Thanks guys for responding so fast. Keep it up guys, I love the interaction.

I feel good.

I think im about done at treocentral. I had my fun here. Time to go back to my home at pdaphonehome and sprintusers.com where there are folks who are open minded.

P.S. "THE 650 IS CRIPPLED AND WILL ALWAYS BE A DINOSAUR PHONE WHEN COMPARED TO THE PPC660X" THINK ABOUT THAT THE NEXT YOU GUYS ARE POWERING ON YOUR 650'S. IF IT DOESNT CRASH ON YOU THAT IS. OOOPS
    Last edited by Deweezal; 11/28/2004 at 01:17 AM.
    Are any of those statements untrue?
    I think not. Harsh but fair. And indeed he will be satisfied with his choice.
    All are off-topic or untrue. For instance, A PPC isn't a solution if someone requires their device there device run PalmOS applications.

It's one thing to give people an alternative when they ask if there are any other competing devices. It's quite another to clog up every thread with a posting saying "Go to PPC."

I'm glad you had your fun. I hope you find a backpack big enough to carry your PPC device.
    It is the same reason you are wasting your time looking and responding to this thread. Being bored.
    Did I complain?
    Morphgear is great, there forums and number of threads justify it.
    Dont be mad cause the ppc has the power to run the application and palm does not.

The 650 will never have the power to run this application and many others that ppc has to offer. And that is a FACT!
    Cry, believe, and hope all you want. It will make no difference.
    No, I looked at this post to see why someone would have been banned, and then I realized it was for wasting our time. In which case I say good riddance, this account should be banned as well. Post on boards that care about the PPC and lets those that will provide an unbiased opinion of the 660x post here. From what I've read, not all are happy with that device either, so to each his own.

Good luck with your 660x, post on a board that cares about your opinion and please don't be jealous.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by SlipperyPete
    No, I looked at this post to see why someone would have been banned, and then I realized it was for wasting our time. In which case I say good riddance, this account should be banned as well. Post on boards that care about the PPC and lets those that will provide an unbiased opinion of the 660x post here. From what I've read, not all are happy with that device either, so to each his own.

Good luck with your 660x, post on a board that cares about your opinion and please don't be jealous.

There are a greater number of 650 complaints than ppc660x complaints by far. lol

Jealous? By what means? lol I had both devices lol.
    Get real.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast