1.    #1  
    why not have€
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    why not have€
    Luv them TREO 600 discos...

======

BTW - Note the thread beginning here:

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...868#post462868
    Last edited by SeldomVisitor; 11/24/2004 at 06:17 PM.
  3.    #3  
    sorry..dang treo typing...ill try again..
    with the disappointing T650..it would be beneficial for TC to diversify promoting a wide range of PDA/phones & accessories. a bigger pot for revenue & hardcore users to meet. TC is the best I've seen..i think others would love to shop & discuss on this site. Not like Palm deserves that much loyalty given the recent memory "downgrade"
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Now that's looking at the issue like Palm looks at the customers. What do you think TC?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    By the way I personally hate the new Diversity Trend which is sweeping today’s business. Just enforce the laws and rules we currently have focus on the business. Some companies spend more time on Diversity meetings than on customer service. Humm I wonder if that is Palm problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    sorry..dang treo typing...ill try again..
    with the disappointing T650..it would be beneficial for TC to diversify promoting a wide range of PDA/phones & accessories. a bigger pot for revenue & hardcore users to meet. TC is the best I've seen..i think others would love to shop & discuss on this site. Not like Palm deserves that much loyalty given the recent memory "downgrade"

IMO, the more 'diverse' a site gets, the more diluted it gets and less focused. If you want broadly focused site dealing with smartphones/pdahpnes, checkout pdaphonehome.com. Brighthand is focuses on both major platforms while PIC and 1src are both good palmOS sites. PPCTs is the best PPC site, while Hofo is probably the best handset manufacturer/provider forums around...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Let's not count those unhatched chickens. To declare the 650 a dead end is premature at best.
  8.    #8  
    I disagree with the watered down theory....this site has a lot of great discourse & verbose hardcore users...&will always be so if for nothing more than the treo line...but I believe those same members & other hardcore users of other PDA/PHONES (LIKE PPC660X) could also find a home here. "cant we all just get along?"
    hell...could just be the beer talkin...beats me. lol
  9.    #9  
    btw..was ready to jump ship to ppc6600 when released.... but now hear about theBT DUN instability problem.... well see if that gets addressed. still leaning that way..but patiently& carefully explloring my options...no big hurry. I think it will be decided once I get to actually toy w/ 650& ppc6600. I don't fear changing OS'S....JUST want what fits my needs best..... oh...& has best screen resolution for adult websites. lol... must be the beer again.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    IMO, the more 'diverse' a site gets, the more diluted it gets and less focused. If you want broadly focused site dealing with smartphones/pdahpnes, checkout pdaphonehome.com. Brighthand is focuses on both major platforms while PIC and 1src are both good palmOS sites. PPCTs is the best PPC site, while Hofo is probably the best handset manufacturer/provider forums around...
    G, I couldnt agree with you more!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  11.    #11  
    but..if for the sake of arguement..the palm platform becomes obsolete (seems P1 IS DOING EVERYTHING THEY CAN TO MAKE THAT A REALITY) id hate to see TC get flushed down the toilet with it!! remember the Delorean motor works? lol
  12.    #12  
    further more.... if this site had seperate forums for palm & PPC ...how would that really detract from its present draw? it would only increase it ....the worst that would happen is that users of different platforms could learn and be educated of the offerings & problems of the competition if they so wish to visit those forums.
    then again..who would want to be associated with a palm intensive site anyway...we support an OS that "is in the stone age, outdated & doesn't support its users wanted with leading edge innovation & hardware".
    if we could only combine the good aspects of the palm & ppc platforms...we would have our dream machine.....the technology is there!!
    I would think the secret to success would be to have all those separate sites available under one master site but individually "addressable" ala:

bigmasterkahuna.com
    ======myownkahunathankyou.com
    ======minetoominetoo.com

with backward links to the master site.

That way one has one's cake AND can eat it too.
    We are stretched as thin as possible right now. I doubt adding more coverage is in the cards.
    Reread the posts linked to from here:

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...92&postcount=2

Marcus appears to be suggesting otherwise. Isn't HE the Big Kahuna here?
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Reread the posts linked to from here:

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...92&postcount=2

Marcus appears to be suggesting otherwise. Isn't HE the Big Kahuna here?
    Bigger than me, that's for sure, though it appears you get a weird sense of pleasure out of that one. I maintain it would over tax us to the extreme.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Marcus appears to be suggesting otherwise.
    I obviously can't speak for him, but I think if he's seriously contemplating it, it would likely be a seperate site in addition to TC.

Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    I maintain it would over tax us to the extreme.
    I have to agree with Kurt, at least as far as the forums go.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Seldom - the store expansion is very separate from the site expansion. There is no plan to have them go hand in hand. If in the future we create another website, we would do the shared forum trick - akin to our change from visorcentral to treocentral. (with a lot more staff, rest assured mods!)

We've had a focused site for 5 years now, and you know what? It works. Alexa rates as as the largest PDA news/discussion website - ahead of brighthand, palminfocenter, pocketpcthoughts you name it. We've been very pleased with the success of TreoCentral, and look forward to the continued growth as the Treo becomes more popular.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Bigger than me, that's for sure, though it appears you get a weird sense of pleasure out of that one.
    Most abject apologies - you took that sentence of mine in a manner I didn't anticipate and misunderstood from whence I was coming by making it. Let me restate it:

Rather than:

== Isn't HE the Big Kahuna here?

read it as it really was meant to convey:

== Isn't he THE Big Kahuna here?

My bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    We've had a focused site for 5 years now, and you know what? It works. Alexa rates as as the largest PDA news/discussion website - ahead of brighthand, palminfocenter, pocketpcthoughts you name it. We've been very pleased with the success of TreoCentral, and look forward to the continued growth as the Treo becomes more popular.
    WOW! That is definitely very impressive!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast