Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I love this site, I really do. It's helped me through a whole bunch of issues from my Treo 180 to my soon to be Treo 650 GSM, however as of late, I've found nothing of value. Every 9 out of 10 threads that I read, are of the same subject. No post stays on topic, no post is without flames, and the worst offenders are left without longterm punishment. I have to be honest, there's nothing of value for me here anymore. A year ago, two years ago, I would have never seen the type of posts that I see here; of course, the Treo smartphone was nowhere near the popularity that is now though. This is pretty much a longwinded version of what I posted here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=58072 . But what pushed me over the edge? Seldom Visitor. For almost two years now, he's/she's tormented this board and yet no moderator has pretty much acknowledged this person's existance.

Now. I'm done, if possible, please delete my account, I'd have that then just locking it.

Really quickly though, I do applaud thunderously for Michael, Marcus and the rest of the TreoCentral team. You guys have done, in the past, a wonderful job with the site, and the store. I really do hope the best for all of you in the future.

Signing Off,
    TheHandlessKing

EDIT: I've decided to come back. I'm addicted and I admit. I'll deal with the poopy posts, and just pay attention to the gems as everyone has suggested. And I still don't like that one person.
    Last edited by TheHandlessKing; 11/30/2004 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Because I suck
    Latest moBlog shot:
    man i hate to see that . . . when valued members leave. as treo get more popular its drawing more svs
    But what pushed me over the edge? Seldom Visitor. For almost two years now, he's/she's tormented this board and yet no moderator has pretty much acknowledged this person's existance.
    So what you're saying is, it's either seldomvisitor or you?! Dude, if he annoys you so much, then just add him to you ignore list and be done with it!

Anyway, I agree the "noise" in the forums here has gotten to an almost unberable level. IMO, the off-topic posts have gotten to an epic proportion that is really hampering the level of discourse and sharing of info here. It's really getting difficult finding quality threads here these days and the lack of etiquette of many posters here is also bothersome. (For example hardly anyone EVER SEEMS TO SEARCH before posting a question that has been discussed a gazillion times.) Also I really wish the admin here would allow an option in prefs to remove Off-topic posts from the new posts search. I like to participate in off-topic posts now and then, but quite frankly that is NOT my major area of interest when I visit Treocentral forums and would like an option not to be inundated by them... just my .02 cents...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Hey man can I get your 243 posts added to my count?
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    As the saying goes:

== Buh bye!

I detest those who try to squelch others' opinions.

Totally.

You're an interesting person in your hatred. Judging from your posts it's quite apparent you won't be missed.

By anyone.

Better avoid Palminfocenter, PDABuzz, BargainPDA, infosyncworld, and Yahoo, too - 'cause I might just post there from time to time, too!

Pretty amazing the depths to which some sink.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHandlessKing
    .....no post is without flames...
    This is pretty much a longwinded version of what I posted here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=58072 . But what pushed me over the edge? Seldom Visitor. For almost two years now, he's/she's tormented this board and yet no moderator has pretty much acknowledged this person's existance.
    Signing Off,
    TheHandlessKing
    Ok. You complain about the flames and then in your two FLAMING posts you point to a single person? Why not just ignore them?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    I'd have to agree with Seldom and Otto on this one. If you don't like what someone has to say, either just filter it out in your head or use the ignore functionality in the message board which has been discussed to death (Seldom's even nice enough to give you a link in his/her sig). If you're gonna leave, just leave, don't do a little song and dance about why you're leaving, it just smacks of "Hey, look at me!". I'm sure you've contributed a lot to this place (I've picked up a few things from your posts myself), but truthfully, 99% of the members here probably don't remember reading any of your posts or will miss you when you're gone. And someone will step up and fill the void.

I think there are too many people in here (and in all message boards in general), who get way too worked up about someone else's political, religious, or social commentary and then try to impose their sensibilities on everyone else. The Internet is a big place and there's a 0 percent chance that you'll find a message board where you agree (or can even tolerate) every single thing that every single poster says. I can't stand venturing into some of the posts in the Off-Topic section because of the crazy things that people say in there, but if I think they're being an *****, I'll tell myself they're an ***** and just move on. I'm not gonna lose sleep over it, like it seems people in here do.

The TC message boards have been an invaluable source of information for me, and I'd hate to see a valuable contributor leave because of one or two people, but if you need to deal in absolutes only, then go.
    To me, I just skip threads I don't like, and blow off posts I have a problem with. I don't take this place, or rude statements by others, too seriously.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHandlessKing
    EDIT: I've decided to come back. I'm addicted and I admit. I'll deal with the poopy posts, and just pay attention to the gems as everyone has suggested. And I still don't like that one person.
    The mods here are incredible. They do a thankless neverending job, just to give us a cool place to be. After seeing JHromadka Sigh, then close and lock a recent thread, it made me realize that, yeah we're mostly mischevious little goobers, but to quote the great Richard Gere;

WE GOT NOWHERE TO GO!

Thanks again to a very liberal staff at TC. We luv this place! I've personally grown very fond of most of my co-horts here, and would miss this place severely.
    Last edited by TheLiveSoundGuy; 08/10/2005 at 03:47 PM.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

How does everyone find these old threads??
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    [in my best robotic voice] The Search Button Is My Friend

I figure - Why open a new thread if we can just add to what's already there?

Thread Crapper

I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

And more importantly, why resurrect them?

This is like the Bean Scene thread all over again.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    [in my best robotic voice] The Search Button Is My Friend

I figure - Why open a new thread if we can just add to what's already there?
    A new thread praising the mods was started yesterday, I think it's called "the mods"

Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x

This is like the Bean Scene thread all over again.
    And yet, we add to them all the same. Aiding and abetting...
    1. Why Not?
    2. Because we can.

When the board closes a relevent thread because of it's age, then it would maybe be time to start a new one. But this one happened to be relevent to what I wanted to say at the time. I did a search based on that alone, and found this thread. I don't really care about the older posts, but they were sort of on topic, so I continued the thread. Since this was the first new post to this thread in a while, the mods have my blessing if they want to close it now.

Thread Crapper

And yet, we add to them all the same. Aiding and abetting...
    But the Bean Scene one was just so compelling! I read a half dozen posts before I realized it was 2 years old!

And then it introduced us to "Jewel".
    I'm back!
    A new thread praising the mods was started yesterday, I think it's called "the mods"
    My bad then. I didn't see it or find it. (it happens)

Thread Crapper

I'm not sure which bothers me most, people who are weak enough to allow others to control what they do, or people who feel they have to make a big dramatic announcement about leaving.

quit complaining and make the place better, and leave - no official announcement needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam-i-am
    I'm not sure which bothers me most, people who are weak enough to allow others to control what they do, or people who feel they have to make a big dramatic announcement about leaving.

quit complaining and make the place better, and leave - no official announcement needed.
    uhhh..he left 3 years ago. (I see what you guys mean)

...but I think he came back! Made an announcement about it too!

Thread Crapper

Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    uhhh..he left 3 years ago. (I see what you guys mean)
    Let sleeping threads lie......
    I'm back!
    Let sleeping threads lie......
    Wise. Very wise.

Thread Crapper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast