Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    If a troll is someone who scans the treads and places negative comments without owning the product.
    What do we call people who constantly shot down other forum posters?
    These people have nothing better to do than just trash an informative thread. This brings down the great name of TC.
    Can there be an auto alert for these folks
    I'll be the first to admit that the majority of my comments about the Treo 650 over the last few months, have been negative even though I don't own a Treo 650.

I do; however, own the Treo 600 and like it for the most part.
    But I must add that my negative comments have been restricted to Bluetooth.

And PalmSource AND PalmOne's slight of Mac users.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    So what does one call a person who trashes other posters?
    They are not really Trolls are they?
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    So what does one call a person who trashes other posters?
    Banned, if they're not careful.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Well I think there is an intelligent way to post negative comments, about the product that is. Obviously all of us are different, we were raised differently etc, and while I respect negative comments as opinions, I also don't have to pay much attention to them either. Also I think the fact that no one is really talking face to face, makes people get real bold. Such my solution is to have the TC brawl. Everyone show up at the next roadshow if you want a whuppin' LOL j/k
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    TROLL DEFINED lol

Don't be a troll. A troll is someone who strives to disrupt a constructive conversation by posting flames or specious arguments. Trolls sometimes impersonate another user by posting under a false user name. If you have a troll in your midst, let a moderator know.
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    How about letting readers vote against trollers or flamers? If you read a non-constructive post, you click on a troll/flame button and the total number of clicks is displayed next to the poster's name just like post counts.

Then when you read a person's troll/flame count you know how much trust to put into their words of wisdom.

- One vote max per day per reader
    - Count drops by 1 per week automatically

I'm so nasty.
    LOL....I am active on another (non phone forum) and they had the option for users to vote the value of the thread...kind like the stars here...but when the poster got a an overall positive rating for a thread then they gots points added to their user "score" (which was listed under their name). And the other way around, it they got an overall negative rating they lost points.

You know how some count posts made as their "Score" here...magnify that by 2,000%.....

It did not take long for them to remove it as it got WAY out of hand....there were whole threads just debating that they should have gotting a higher rating by fellow users....accusations that they were rating negative for paypack for comment they made last week....etc....etc....

It was all rather amusing at first and then became annoying and then outragous. Needless to say it is gone and everything is back to normal.