1. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    With all these posts about shipping dates we could use some fresh news about the 650
    Tonight I will be posting an impressions article (it's like a review with all the fact stuff you already know stripped out.. just like my likes and dislikes in one article)

seldom, you expanded marcus's quote beyond the context of it.

"Thus you have just confirmed - indirectly - that the TREO 650 that WAS reviewed was full of bugs."

I will admit, there were some substantial bugs, such as lack of advertised voice tag support, and daily soft resets, but the unit worked as advertised. I chose not to do a review at the time, which I guess I did not perfectly communicate to marcus, because I was missing major parts of the review (all desktop software, correct cables, the whole out of the box experience...) Plus there were some minor hardware issues (the back on prepro units has a different engineering then the final, and thus does not clip securely), that affected the feel of the device enough that I was not comfortable makign a finaly judgement.

Plus, I only used it for 4? days (I didn't have a charger, and it was two days after i had the 650 that I finally got one). It would not have been appropriate for us to put a final review up.

What we are running tonight is a commentary article. This will pretty much be the opinions of the review. As Marcus has pointed out, we have a ton of coverage of the 650 already. In the end, the final review will be a combination (rewritten, but same ideas most likely expressed) of the preview articles we wrote, this final opinion article, and the new information such as out of the box experience and desktop software.

I would do this sooner, but Sprint has done a terrible job of seeding review units.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    So.... uh huhuhuh... hows the impressions thing coming?
    I must fess up... Obviously, I never got an article finalized for saturday night, my birthday went by, and some large school deadlines, and now I won't have any time to post anything until Thanksgiving. (wed/thur) I'm sorry to let you all down, I really do feel bad about it. *sigh*
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    I just so amazed how quickly TC posted an article about the BT DUN hack (which likely will not go over well w/ P1 or Sprint) but still no TC article mentioning the memory issues. And don't say its because its beenbbeat to death & commented on in threads because so has the DUN hack. my 2 cents
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    TC posted an article about the BT DUN hack
    FYI, marcus posted the DUN article. Obviously he doesn't have the same time constraints that Mike currently has. I'm sure Mike will get his article uploaded as soon as he has the chance.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    first of all..i only stated TC not posting article..not specifically who.. & if it was news worthy enough for marcus to post quick article about the DUN hack...why wasn't the memory issue given a quick blurb? just wondering why TC sitting on the fence about this? Conflict of interest happening? aknowledging DUN hack favorable to sales, memory problem is not.
    We are working on an article titled "Shrinking Memory". The Dun article was easy to write, took less then 5 min because the scope wasn't so large.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    why wasn't the memory issue given a quick blurb?
    Sorry... my bad. I guess I didn't read your post thoroughly (or just hadn't had enough coffee yet) because I never caught that you specifically mentioned the memory issue. I was under the mistaken impression you were
    talking about the general 650 article that this thread is about.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Bump;.. is the review coming soon?
    bump