1.    #1  
    This forum has become an eye sore to say the least. I am a member a bunch of forums. And all of them but this one have montiors that enforce the rules of the forums. Moving threads, closing threads, basically just adding control to the forum. We have about 30 or 40 threads about the roadshow, about 50 to 60 about wi-fi, and more than I can count about the release date. And the funny thing about all of them when you read them is that they all are about the same thing. Add some order to it! There are enough people on here that have been here long enough that they can control the forum. Adding a sticky for the rules doesnt do anything, more please read "I Called PalmOne to Stop My order" and that one has been up for a day or so.
    I am a member of a few forums too, but not a bunch like yourself. However, we like to discuss the 650 AND throw in a little humor along the way. Some of us are super IT geeks that use their handhelds to control a business, some of us are meat-head jocks who want to have the coolest phone amongst their friends, and some fall somewhere in the middle. However, we all like to have a good time with our posts. Even though many things are discussed a little too thoroughly, there is at least a few nuggets of infinite wisdom in each wifi, release date, Roadshow, and conspiracy theory threads out there.

As for me, I love our lack of forum control!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterFuhrman
    As for me, I love our lack of forum control!!!
    YES, ANARCHY RULES!!! BUWHAAWHAHAHA!!!

But it would be nice if people actually searched once a while before posting...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I think everything is fine the way it is. Learn to read only what you need. The search function also helps you find exactly what you're looking for. Let's try not to get dramatic over a pretty normal phenomenon.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    you know i have been around this messageboard for a long time and i really think someone should add more rules to this messageboard.

its just too crazy and haphazard. earlier today i had a seizure because some of the posts seemed to offer different points on the same topics. i was shocked and awed.

messageboards needs to be carefully monitored and moderated so people only think what the moderator thinks they think people oughta think.

basically no one should post stuff like that and my nipples just went straight to france.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    YES, ANARCHY RULES!!! :

That is an oxymoron
    lol I like that!
    Rofl
    I was just thinking to myself a moment ago that these forums seem to attract people with very poor forum etiquette.

You would think that a product like the Treo would attract professionals with more common sense and less AOL-speak retards.

Use the search function before you post. Take a quick look at the last three pages and see if there is a similar topic where your post would be better suited than creating a new thread.

If you have a compulsive urge to post every hour about when you think Best Buy might or might not start carrying the 650, maybe you should create a LiveJournal for yourself instead of posting about it here.

Before you post, ask yourself the following question: "Am I making a post which is either informative or interesting on any level?" If you can answer "yes" to this, then please post. If you cannot, then refrain from posting.

There isn't heavy moderation here, which is actually a nice thing. Be accountable for yourself.

Reading back to myself what I just wrote makes it sounds like I am saying most of you are idiots. You’re not. The majority of you guys are really cool. But the minority is overly annoying.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Oooh, while we are on the subject, you should learn to post in the correct category. This is TC related, it has nothing to do with the Treo 650.

I do agree with you though, I started a thread about this in the TC forum. I think we need an FTA sticky and if you post something that is covered in the FTA you are banned.

Lonzo
    Moved and merged ...
    thanks for creating yet another thread on this subject. if you'd searched before posting you'd have seen that this was already griped about.

BTW I like it just like it is.

thanks for the GOOD job moderators.
    Banoo... what's that smell?
    And people with Dyslexia should be !dannab
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Could we please have MORE STICKY's at the top of the forum threads (especially the 650 thread). Not only am I UNABLE TO IGNORE THREADS that I don't care about I also have the pleasure of having MULTIPLE STICKY THREADS that I get to see EVERY TIME I GO TO THE FORUM

*************** THIS IS UNBELIEVEABLE *******************
    Visor Deluxe/Visor Platinum/Visor Phone/Treo 180/Treo 270/Treo 300/Treo 650
    Those are to help cut down on the multipost on the same subject. I will unstick them a week after the event. Sorry you are not happy.
    Wow, there's someone to put on my Ignore User list
    if you dont like dont come here as it has been said there are many other boards you can post on
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Hey guys, lets all take a deep breath...

Okay good, now some of you hold it in till your head pops...

We all seem to be getting quite restless over very little. Is it new gadget withdrawl? I bought a Nokia 6600 and T|T3 to hold me over.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Those are to help cut down on the multipost on the same subject. I will unstick them a week after the event. Sorry you are not happy.
    Well, at least I posted in the correct thread in the correct forum!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    if you dont like dont come here as it has been said there are many other boards you can post on
    sooooo....... you're a moderator????

< I didn't think so>

(note correct use of apostrophe's)