Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Currently, the support for treos in Europe is coming apart at the seams: on the one hand the forms for requesting support for old treos have vanished since Handspring's page was redirected to palmOne's page. On the other hand there is a painfull shortage of treo 600s at the repair/exchange center in Belgium (A-Novo). People report that they've been waiting for their replacement unit for weeks. Handspring already reduced the support for treo users in Europe. Many thought that a big company like Palm/pamone would greatly improve the service and support situation. But right now it's worse than ever.

What is palmOne going to do to improve this situation?

andreas
    treopolis -the German treo site

Now in beta testing: treopolis 2.0
    will 3gp be supported in the future (widely accepted mobile file format for audio/video also used in streaming)?

this would also answer my native mp3 ringtone question as well. is this still unimportant to PalmOne?
    What ever happened to this?

Im assuming that it's dead now -- or has it yet to happen?
    I'm assuming this is dead as well but just in case it isn't I can now update my questions as the 650 is no longer a "Future product":
    1) What the hell happened to the build quality of the Treo 600, it was complete crap, what are they doing to prevent this occuring in the future?
    2) Why does the Treo crash so much, I know it's related to 3rd party applications but that's not the whole answer as I had a PPC for years, ran lots of applications on it and it never had the same reliability issues, don't they provide a robust development environment (or is it as bad/outdated as the Palm Desktop)?
    3) Why is the 600 SDIO slot completely useless/underpowered (it would have helped them recover from the missing features (Bluetooth, wifi etc. of the 600), how has the slot changed in the 650?
    4) Why so little usable memory in the 650, 23Mb is a joke, the T5 shows how much NVRAM they can include in a device?
    5) When's the Palm desktop client going to be brought up to par with it's competitors?
    As currently it's a joke (can't duplicate meetings, can only search on last name etc.) and it's showing no sign of improvement.
    6) Why should we believe in Palmone's long term viability (if they want us to pay $100s for a new device (650 or whatever) then show us why it's a reasonable long term bet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    6) Why should we believe in Palmone's long term viability (if they want us to pay $100s for a new device (650 or whatever) then show us why it's a reasonable long term bet?
    I do not believe in P1's "long term viability." On the other hand, Treos are not long term devices. They are consumables, not capital. They will be economically obsolete before they fail. I am on my fifth Palm device and my seventh PDA. The old ones all still work.

On the other hand, the data is forever. There is data in my Treo that was first recorded twenty years ago, before there was a Palm. It will certainly not survive me but hopefully it will survive P1 and the next four or five PDAs I put it in.
    uhh....
    I wish someone from Treocentral would comment on what happened to this. It was promised "in a few weeks". We all took the time to come up with some great questions. If it's not going to happen, that's fine. But at least make a comment please!
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    I wish someone from Treocentral would comment on what happened to this. It was promised "in a few weeks". We all took the time to come up with some great questions. If it's not going to happen, that's fine. But at least make a comment please!
    Note the date of this post where TreoCentral discusses sending a long list of questions to PalmOne about the TREO 600 failures:

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...24&postcount=6

Note, too, that no response has occurred.

Now then, WHAT was your comment again?

Giggle.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    I do not know whether it is policy or simply practice. However, P1 does not comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    I do not know whether it is policy or simply practice. However, P1 does not comment.
    What does that have to do with ANYTHING?

The good folks at TC said they had gotten a commitment from 2 execs at P1 that they would answer 15 questions from TC provided they were not about "unreleased" products. Many of the questions post in this thread were about the 600 while many others were about overall business process or decision process.

Either P1 didn't come through or TC didn't come through. Either way, it would be nice to know which...that's all I was trying to say.
    Any signs of life or did P1 bail when they realised how much trouble they were in with the 650 and that this would no longer be a PRPRPR $love$-$fest$?
    Any signs of life or did P1 bail when they realised how much trouble they were in with the 650 and that this would no longer be a PRPRPR $love$-$fest$?
    Nixon did not comment. P1 does not comment. What part of "not" do you not understand?
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Nixon did not comment. P1 does not comment. What part of "not" do you not understand?
    I was hoping that someone from TC would comment, they should at least know if this is still going to happen.
    Yes. TC...please comment. We all submitted a lot of question ideas. If it's not going to happen that's fine. But don't just leave us all hanging like this.
    bump
    Ping
    Ping
    PONG
    Nokia 9110i -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600
    I think it's fair to assume by now that there will be "no comment." No point in "hanging on."
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    I think it's fair to assume by now that there will be "no comment." No point in "hanging on."
    Agreed. P1 does not comment. Neither does TC.
    It's like 1984, this must be an un-thread!
    Last edited by Expat; 02/01/2005 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Spelling
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast