Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 78
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    You put Nanner Pudd'n didn't you
    If I told you it wouldn't be secret

    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    In all hoesty, this is a pretty laid back and well behaved message board with little to no drama. I like it that way.

    L8R
    Of all the threads here, for everybody to get so excited over 5 or 6 Off Topic Topics I don't get it. These are probably people that can't work and have a radio playing. JMHO
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    Don't shut down off-topic!
    I enjoy republican-baiting way too much!
    yes. i enjoy watching democrats make asses of themselves, humiliating themselves, compromising themselves, and generally letting everyone down in just about every way, all the while claiming their way is the "right" way. more often than not, corruption is what you see with the democrats. mcgreevey, clinton, ted kennedy, the rest of the kennedys, on and on and on. trying to count votes of dead people. handing out cigarettes to homeless for their votes, claiming its bush`s fault that the us was attacked when clinton let two wtc attacks go unanswered, clinton`s wonderful bombing of an aspirin factory, somalia, his disgrace of the white house, cbs` latest lie regarding bush`s guard record, condit and the chandra levy case, on and on and on - they are mostly human scum. sleaze with no morals and big on corruption. look at the state of new jersey... democratic state.. also the state with the most monolithic degree of political corruption in the entire nation... all democrat - related. democrats are
    buffoons with double standards! thats it. most republicans dont have to say anything. all you have to do is let the democrats operate as usual - and you get all the dirty laundry a person ever needs to hold it against them.
    dems and their environment. while kerry owns .. what was it... 5 suvs?
    all hypocrisy. all bs. all rhetorical nonsense. will never support such shockingly immoral snakes.. if anything, dems go for the bait more than anyone else, peter,, clinton, i suspect your fav, would be exhibit A. YUK.
  3. #43  
    and guess what dems, it brings me much pleasure to say this, but

    BUSH IS GOING TO WIN. say whatever you want. it wont change a thing.

    my state is democratic.. nj.. and i see a majority of bush stickers vs kerry!!!
    too bad.
  4. #44  
    This is the kind of posts that will destroy TC, if allowed to continue. OT is ok as long as it is not politics or religion. Not that politics or religion is not important. This is NOT the place to discuss it. I'd vote for a ban on religion and politics. Anybody else?

    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    yes. i enjoy watching democrats make asses of themselves, humiliating themselves, compromising themselves, and generally letting everyone down in just about every way, all the while claiming their way is the "right" way. more often than not, corruption is what you see with the democrats. mcgreevey, clinton, ted kennedy, the rest of the kennedys, on and on and on. trying to count votes of dead people. handing out cigarettes to homeless for their votes, claiming its bush`s fault that the us was attacked when clinton let two wtc attacks go unanswered, clinton`s wonderful bombing of an aspirin factory, somalia, his disgrace of the white house, cbs` latest lie regarding bush`s guard record, condit and the chandra levy case, on and on and on - they are mostly human scum. sleaze with no morals and big on corruption. look at the state of new jersey... democratic state.. also the state with the most monolithic degree of political corruption in the entire nation... all democrat - related. democrats are
    buffoons with double standards! thats it. most republicans dont have to say anything. all you have to do is let the democrats operate as usual - and you get all the dirty laundry a person ever needs to hold it against them.
    dems and their environment. while kerry owns .. what was it... 5 suvs?
    all hypocrisy. all bs. all rhetorical nonsense. will never support such shockingly immoral snakes.. if anything, dems go for the bait more than anyone else, peter,, clinton, i suspect your fav, would be exhibit A. YUK.
  5. #45  
    yes, id vote for a ban on politics and religion. it makes me sick to hear the same views directed to the republicans.

    so YES! that is a qualified vote positive against politics and religion in off- topic. ban it all, go right ahead.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    and guess what dems, it brings me much pleasure to say this, but

    BUSH IS GOING TO WIN. say whatever you want. it wont change a thing.

    my state is democratic.. nj.. and i see a majority of bush stickers vs kerry!!!
    too bad.
    Although you may be correct in terms of who will win, I don't think it's rational to base that claim on the amount of "stickers" you've observed in a single region of the land.

    But, I am human. I could be wrong. Let me attempt to apply your logic:

    - I see ignorance everywhere I go. So that must mean you're ignorant.-

    I think I'd rather wait and see if you truly are, than to just blindly make a connection.
    .
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    This is the kind of posts that will destroy TC, if allowed to continue. OT is ok as long as it is not politics or religion. Not that politics or religion is not important. This is NOT the place to discuss it. I'd vote for a ban on religion and politics. Anybody else?
    What are you gonna ban next?

    I'd say we ban overpriced custom accessories that no one really wants, but thats me. Or to be less specific lets ban advertising in signatures. I find it offensive. This is a discussion forum, not a mall. If I want nothing but ads and links to someone's crap I'll go to ebay.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  8. #48  
    treobk old buddy your not really helping the situation. This is not an offtopic thread and although I agree with your post, this isnt the time or the place.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    What are you gonna ban next?

    I'd say we ban overpriced custom accessories that no one really wants, but thats me. Or to be less specific lets ban advertising in signatures. I find it offensive. This is a discussion forum, not a mall. If I want nothing but ads and links to someone's crap I'll go to ebay.
    I was waiting for someone to raise this point. And this is where everything gets ultra hairy. What's "offensive" to one individual may not be to another and vice versa. It's a matter of perspective. What if I said I found the red colors on the site offensive because my religious beliefs deem it the color of pure evil. Will my beliefs be respected and the colors be changed?

    This is why we need to be open minded and respectful of others perspectives. But we can not give in to everyone who cries over something. We will end up with a blank screen. We need to be resonable and make compromises on both sides. Maybe both sides won't be happy fully, but there will be an agreement. (Kinda reminds me of elevator music. It's there because the majority agrees it sux)
    .
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    I was waiting for someone to raise this point. And this is where everything gets ultra hairy. What's "offensive" to one individual may not be to another and vice versa. It's a matter of perspective. What if I said I found the red colors on the site offensive because my religious beliefs deem it the color of pure evil. Will my beliefs be respected and the colors be changed?

    This is why we need to be open minded and respectful of others perspectives. But we can not give in to everyone who cries over something. We will end up with a blank screen. We need to be resonable and make compromises on both sides. Maybe both sides won't be happy fully, but there will be an agreement. (Kinda reminds me of elevator music. It's there because the majority agrees it sux)
    Nicely put skillllllz (dont worry I counted them)
    Thats why there should be no banning. IF a user defined option can be set so we can choose to exclude or include OT in the New Post search is the only option. If that isn't possible I say leave it as is. If this were such a hot topic it would have come up long before now.
    Jasonpettus also needs to realize it's an election year and once that is over things will calm down all over.

    You have to wonder did he call the networks and demand less coverage of the race because he hates politics? If not, why? Did he think this would be the only place he could pull it off?

    The big question TC should be asking is will these proposed changes alienate more users than they satisfy? All of the users that regularly post in the OT section on a variety of topics also contribute regularly to the treo-centric posts. Would they stick around if there was nothing but treo to discuss? As mentioned before, the 600 has been talked to death by all but the newest folks.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    <snip>
    The big question TC should be asking is will these proposed changes alienate more users than they satisfy? All of the users that regularly post in the OT section on a variety of topics also contribute regularly to the treo-centric posts. Would they stick around if there was nothing but treo to discuss? As mentioned before, the 600 has been talked to death by all but the newest folks.
    "All work and no play make Treo enthusiast go crazy!"
    .
  12. #52  
    you can call it ignorance, skillllz, your perogative. whatever. i call voting for kerry absolute ignorance - thats me.
    " before i supported removing saddam, now i wouldnt have ousted saddam..." yeah, voting for that is ignorance.... its also crazy
  13. #53  
    I guess my post went way over your head. The whole thing was hypothetical and was suppose to encourage you to question your own rationale. Oh well. Here is a piece of enlightement that I will pass on to you as best as I can:

    In the long run your POV will never really matter, nor will mine or any one elses. The crap we all fight over IS indeed crap. Nothing is really ours. We came here with nothing, we will leave here with nothing. We are all just guests and, I sh^t you not, life is extremely short. I hope and pray that some day we all realize this in a unified manner and use it towards achieving true happiness. Imagine if we all took that same energy wasted on arguing, fighting, and worrying and applied it to much more positive things like family, self disipline, community, etc.

    There is so much beauty in the world, but how can you really truly enjoy it if your busy arguing your point to someone. Yes, they may respect your point or feel the same way and that would be a positive thing but if it's distracting you from spending another few minutes with your children then it's a negative.

    Am I making any sense? I know that this very post seems to contradict itself. I feel that my awareness is the first step in moving towards a positive direction. Won't you join me?
    .
  14. #54  
    Chill out treobk214! I was only joking.
    Animo et Fide
  15. #55  
    ok, guys. Back on topic or I'll close this one.
    As a reminder the topic is wether or not to get rid of OT.
    So no political discussions in here!
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  16. #56  
    very nice post, skilllz, I think that's about as close to the heart of the matter as you can get. im with you, brother. it would be nice, indeed if we could unify and really make great strides together. I would love to see it happen. here's to the dream.
  17. #57  
    All,

    The reason we have an off-topic forum is so discussions like this (which, incidentally concern whether or not to have discussions like this) apart from other topics (again, this thread concerns this issue). It appears as if the only people who can possibly have a problem with this are those who feel compelled to check every thread on the board without regard to the thread's forum. Fortunately this is easily fixed, and I urge everyone who dislikes the Off-Topic forum simply to ignore it. If you find an off-topic thread in another forum, please let me know and I will happily move it (as you have no-doubt seen, I do this a lot).
  18. #58  
    I may be wrong, but Jasons (the original poster) issue is not so much the OT froum, as it's the Political posts? Therefore, if the policitcal stuff was in check, or better yet, an option to have OT in the "New Post" search, this would do the trick I asssume.

    I do feel that getting rid of the OT forum is a little to harsh.

    I don't read said threads, I do get sick of seeing the titles when I do a "new post" search, however, I just (like yesterday ) made a choice to not let it get to me

    My theory, vote at the polls on election day, it's the most power you have, Let that talk for you.

    There is a need for the OT forum as KRamsauer said. It keeps law and order. Plus can give a great place to post to build commrodary.

    As always, this is just my 2-cents worth. I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV.
  19. #59  
    How about this. Don't delete the off-topic forum, but don't use it in the new posts search as stated earlier. However, how about NOT also counting posts in the Off-topic towards your total post count!!! I swear, there's some people here who entire post counts are based on useless off-topic posts!
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  20. #60  
    Good idea about the post count idea gfunk. Matt, how about putting up a poll to ban politics and religion discussions.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions