View Poll Results: Which treo forum do you read most often?

Voters
168. You may not vote on this poll
  • I only read Treocentral

39 23.21%
  • I mostly read Treocentral, but sometimes I visit mytreo.net

90 53.57%
  • I read them both about equally

32 19.05%
  • I mostly read mytreo.net, I'm just at treocentral now and then

7 4.17%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hopefully this isn't a "taboo" topic, but I'm wondering if it's worth posting questions, etc in both forums (treocentral, mytreo.net). They seem to be the most popular treo specific sites out there, I visit both daily. If most people visit both, then there doesn't seem to be a reason to post the same question in both forums, but if most people tend to stay in one or the other, then it is worth posting in both.

Mike
  2.    #2  
    I understand that the votes can be shifted to the treocentral site since the poll is here, I'll post a similar poll on mytreo.net
    MTDN is a great site, but it doesn't have the warmth, or the wealth of information you find on TC.
    Obviously I'll be following this poll with great interest :-)

I guess I should keep my mouth shut now but mytreo.net doesn't have the warmth???Wow, that comment honestly surprises me. Would you mind elaborating?
    That's it MOL, no soup for you for one year!!!

THey both have their pros and cons IMHO.

Just my 2-cents here..

TC
    Pros- Lots-o-traffic.
    Proven.
    Nice articles.
    Has a store, so it may look more impressive to a newbie (I don't care either way)
    Comfort level (been there for so long)

Cons-With Lots-o-traffic, you have shenanigans (read trolls and BS).
    Being larger, you can get lost in the mix (small fish, big forum)
    You have to weed stuff out more.
    TC has to worry about being PC

MTDN
    Pros-
    Seems like more of the grassroots Treo users are there. I know I can go there for harcore questions and answers.
    More of a family feel (closer base of people)
    I can get or hear about all the must have apps
    The developers have a heavy presence there

Cons- not as much traffic yet, so I worry about my post/question being seen.
    The Forum is not as clean looking in my opinion, like new post feature and the layout for example.
    Little, to no shenanigans.
    Still "new"

So they both are good and have their nitch IMHO.

I use them about the same

So to me it's like the normal everyday driver are at TC, and the people that build/design/work on the cars, or like to push the car to it's limits when driving are at MTDN..

Remember, this just me..

Edit: Chick-Dance (the post in this thread, below this one) said it well, ditto
    Last edited by Burkhardi; 09/11/2004 at 02:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    simple... TC's mobile forum is MUCH easier to review/read.
    They have both been very helpful to me, so I use them both. I would have tossed this phone long ago without the help and knowledge in both forums.

john
    I hit them both the same number of times, enjoy what I read and learn as I go. Ben
    I read T/C more often also visit MTDN sometimes.
    Here is another Treo forum (Brighthand). I think the first question I ever posted was here and I got a helpful answer. I do not go here as much as treocentral and mytreonet. If my memory is correct I think it was treocentral legend gfunk who helped me in brighthand.

http://discussion.brighthand.com/pal...lds/index.php? If this does not work, www.brighthand.com will get you there.
  11.    #11  
    There just doesn't seem to be the same amount of traffic in the Treo forum at Brighthand.
    There just isn't the traffic on mtdn. Sometimes a smaller community is closer, but this isn't one of those cases. I always get a better sense of community, and warmth, here on TC. Maybe it's the variety here. mtdn is heavy in unlock and developer threads. I mean no disrespect, Mol. You know I'm an equal opportunity contributor.

And the format here still beats the forum format over there 6 ways to Sunday. There's just no comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Mol
    Obviously I'll be following this poll with great interest :-)

I guess I should keep my mouth shut now but mytreo.net doesn't have the warmth???Wow, that comment honestly surprises me. Would you mind elaborating?
    The amazing thing is that mtdn is doubling everytime I look over there. They've been around for what, three or four months? They have 8,000 members!

The community is clearly better off with two discussion forums. As the traffic has grown over there, I've found myself spending more and more time on mtdn because the quality of the threads hasn't deteriorated with their awesome ramp up in traffic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo_Addict_Tex
    The amazing thing is that mtdn is doubling everytime I look over there. They've been around for what, three or four months? They have 8,000 members!

The community is clearly better off with two discussion forums. As the traffic has grown over there, I've found myself spending more and more time on mtdn because the quality of the threads hasn't deteriorated with their awesome ramp up in traffic.
    But remember, you have to become a member to download files at mtdn. I think when they added that requirement is when the membership started to jump.
    They're just shy of 9,000 members now.
    I visit both for different reasons.

IMO, MTDN seems to be more of a techie area. I actually like the look and feel of the site.

TC is a good resource and with a zillion hits a month, there is a wealth of information - it's finding the info that can be a problem, especially for the newbie (hence, many threads about the same stuff).

I probably hit them about the same but saying that, I tend to hit MTDN for 600 related things and TC for everything else.
    www.gsmworld.com
    Well, I think it's healthy to have a number of sites. Gives the readers more choices and selecton. I wish I had half the forum activity on Treo Central or mytreo.

If you feel any sympathy, please stop by and register . By the way, I'm running a "Win a Free Javoskin case" contest. Sorry for the shameless plug.

-Chris
    How About a Resurrection of this Thread?
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    There just isn't the traffic on mtdn. Sometimes a smaller community is closer, but this isn't one of those cases. I always get a better sense of community, and warmth, here on TC. Maybe it's the variety here. mtdn is heavy in unlock and developer threads. I mean no disrespect, Mol. You know I'm an equal opportunity contributor.

And the format here still beats the forum format over there 6 ways to Sunday. There's just no comparison.
    One change since then, Alli is mostly at MTDN now. I wonder what happened

Anyway, I use them both. I have more post at TC because I found it first when I got my Treo 650. I saw MTDN mentioned here at TC, and went for a visit. The download section is great at MTDN, keeps me up to date And both have a family feel, at least now I dont know about back then (when thread first started) To sum it up, I visit both they're great for cross referencing and staying up to date.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    T|C: good forums, easy to navigate and read, search, more focused

MTDN: FAQ, knowledge base, downloads
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast