Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If you can read this thread, you've made it to our brand new server. Welcome! You'll have to relogin to post, but other than that, things should be exactly as we left them 1 hour ago. Tomorrow we will switch the rest of the site over.

Thanks for using TreoCentral!
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    The DNS changes has been made, and should propegate over the next 24-48 hours. Redirects are in place in the mean time. Please post any server issues in this thread.
    Looks good, and I didn't have to re-login.
    i didnt either
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Neither did I. Great to have the site back up!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I did have to re-login, but re-rection worked.

Treocentral is one of the best places on the web. Keep up the good work.
    no need to log in here, either. good job, guys!
    I had to re-login on my PC but not on my Treo.
  9.    #9  
    I think you only needed to relogin if you reached the site before your DNS was updated.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    I think you only needed to relogin if you reached the site before your DNS was updated.
    It's amazing, the message board is faster than the regular site. Yes Michael, I know... you're moving the rest over later.

Good job guys!
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I did not have to re-log in.
    But someone had posted a link to go directly to new posts, and this link no longer works. Can someone come up with a new link?
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Thank you for responding.
    But the new link brings me to the "sorry no matches found" screen.
    same here thats the link i get when i go to the new posts tab it must change with new posts why do you want this anyway for a home page?

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I usually go to treocentral (several times a day) just to read the new posts. With this link I was able to by-pass the tc home page and I saved a couple of clicks (discusion/new posts)
    It would be nice to have a working link back.
    this is should take you to the discusion

http://discussion.treocentral.com/index.php?styleid=1

17.    #17  
    VBulliten caches every search query - so the new post search linked before is actually somebody elses new posts.

The correct (bookmarkable link) for newposts is : http://discussion.treocentral.com/search.php?do=getnew However you must copy this into a bookmark, as if you click it and copy the resulting link you will be storing a cached search. Hope this helps.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    That works!
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    VBulliten caches every search query - so the new post search linked before is actually somebody elses new posts.

The correct (bookmarkable link) for newposts is : http://discussion.treocentral.com/search.php?do=getnew However you must copy this into a bookmark, as if you click it and copy the resulting link you will be storing a cached search. Hope this helps.
    There's a couple other bookmarks that I use, all of them are based off of the "starter link" below. This link will show all of the posts that I have ever started myself and the ones that I have ever replied to:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/searc...ser=coryburton

Feel free to change my user id to your user id.

Some key points about this link...

showposts= (when the setting is 0 it will show the results as threaded messages, when the setting is 1 it will show the results as JUST the posts that you replied and not everyone elses)

starteronly= (when the setting is 0 it will show you all of the messages that you started AND the messages that you've replied to, when the setting is one it will ONLY show you the messages that you started)

Be sure that you create a new bookmark and add your modified link because once you execute the link it will create a search id, DO NOT BOOKMARK THE SEARCH ID because it will change a few days letter. BOOKMARK THE ABOVE MODIFIED STRING!

Oh, there's this one too...
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/search.php?do=getdaily

It'll give you the posts from the day.
    Last edited by coryburton; 08/20/2004 at 01:00 PM.
    When I'm connected to the net from school, I have to start on the Forum page. For some reason some bright bulb at the Central Office has declared TC's home page unfit and it is blocked. <eye roll> Another nice thing about being in the portable: my personal laptop, my personal Treo with my personal PdaNet connection. Life is good.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast