View Poll Results: Do you read TreoCentral's front page?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never

10 18.87%
  • Once a week

7 13.21%
  • A few times each week

10 18.87%
  • Daily

26 49.06%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm just curious, as we've really stepped up our front page news reporting this summer. Do users of this forum actually read what we post on the front page? (treocentral.com)? Often it seems that users don't as threads are made posting "news" a day after we put up on front. I'm just curious.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    I have the discussion boards as a shortcut so I never go to the front page. Not that there isn't good information there but it does show up in the discussion topics so I usually get the information that way.
    Only time I go to the front page is if I haven't been around for a while and want to get an update on the news before I head back to the forums.
    I'm with webslappy; I've got the forum bookmarked, so I usually bypass the front page. I do, however, direct my browser to the main page on occasion.
    I check out the main page daily. While the forums certainly will have posts about the news, they are not validated. I trust that front-page news will be validated and so I look to that first. Everything else is just rumors & entertainment.

I like the fact that the front page is getting updated more. I was quite surprised (and happy) when I opened the page to find several new entries after it was static for so long.

Keep up the good work. I appreciate it.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    I hardly read the front page. I scan the headlines and if something catches my eye, only then will I read on.
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
    Once a week has been enough to stay current. If there is more news, I will visit more often.
    i get to the forums via the front page, so i read the headlines.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I read the front page at least once a week.
    I also have the Discussions bookmarked; I'll go back to the front page is someone references it in a post, or if there is something that I'm obviously missing (like when I was away for a couple days and there was all this "Treo Ace" discussion - where the heck did that come from? Ahhh, the front page article....)
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    i get to the forums via the front page, so i read the headlines.
    Same here - my link to TreoCentral is to the home page.

However, as a counterpoint to the first post of this thread, often the front page articles are WAY behind-the-times, the content having been discussed on the forums and on other sites well before they appear on TreoCentral (this is not a critique, merely an observation).
    On the computer I go to the front page and read the headlines...on the Treo I go directly to the forums.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    The discussions is bookmarked on my laptop as well as the Treo so I seldom go there.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Now that there is content being posted there again, I check it about once a week. Thanks for providing the service!

I wish I could subscribe to a "daily update" email for it so that I didn't have to go back and check if there is anything new all the time.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I check the front page daily. It is a great source of news and entertainment. I wish the ACE story was back!

Funny, I think Palminfocenter and several other sites check it too. Their stories (a day or two delayed) seem very similar!
    I always start there and enjoy the information
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    about the only time i go to the front page is to find out why the discussion board is down.
    I check it almost every day now. I've ben doing that since new articles started appearing more frequently.
    I actually view the Treo|Central home page at least once per day. I have made it a point to view the page even more frequently now that new articles are appearing much more frequently.

Thanks for all the good info and keep up the great work!
    I scan over the headlines and if it catches my attention, I read the story. If it doesn't then I skip directly to the discussion. Don't get rid of them please
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast