1.    #1  
    I was unable to access the discussion forums for the last 36 hours or so. I was able to access the main page though. It's happened to me once before I'm guessing it's a DNS issue with my ISP.

But I also am not receiving e-mails when new posts have been made to threads which I'm subscribed to now.

Any ideas?
    I had the same exact problems. My isp is cox.net...yours?
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  3.    #3  
    I use Optimum Online.

Are you getting notifications now? I still am not.
    Nope, not yet. Just glad I can get to the forums again....I thought it was another crash! I expected to see a bunch of posts about it when I finally got in again, but this was the only one, so it must be an isolated incident. Weird. The thing is, I couldn't get in from my treo either. I also tried it from work with same results.
    - Albert Einstein
    Not sure about the email notifications but this was posted on the front page a while ago:

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/391-1.htm
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  6.    #6  
    Well I guess it wasn't a DNS issue this time.

I was just surprised I didn't see a single post about it.
    Same here, I expected to see some posts. And I did check the front page repeatedly yesterday looking for some kind of a message. As much as I love TC, I find it very frustrating that they waited until the forum was back up before posting any kind of notification about the outage. Not very professional, IMHO.

Just my 2 cents...
    -Joe
    - Albert Einstein
  8.    #8  
    3:14 EST time Tuesday and I'm still not getting any e-mail notifications.

Anyone from the Treo Central staff care to respond?
    Still not getting notifications here either.
    We had no clue what was going on, until a seemingly unrelated query from a user about a password notification came to us, and than it became clear that the discussion server's mail server has stopped working. We're working on fixing it now.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    crap i'm getting flooded with them right now aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!
    Quote Originally Posted by treolady
    crap i'm getting flooded with them right now aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!
    I just got a zillion notifications...wtf?
  13.    #13  
    LOL.

I just got 51 e-mail notifications at once.
    i know. the ones we didn't receive since who knows when all came crashing through. guess the floodgates opened just now.
  15.    #15  
    Yep, I just got 12 more......
    Yeah about that... all of the messages were stuck in the queue (about 2000 of them), and once we got things working again, the server sent everything that was in the message queue.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff