Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hmm, works fine for me, always has, other than the brevity of some of the articles.

just to be sure, i'm using www.treocentral.com/rss.php
    The articles are coming up fine for me. However, when I try to get the discussion feeds they are several years old.
    The TreoCentral RSS feed is erroring out. When I look at it in my browser, an error message is displayed concerning parsing the XML.

PT
    <strong>Patrick</strong><br>Palm Pilot Professional -> Palm IIIc -> Samsung i300 (Sprint) -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Cingular) -> Treo 750 (Cingular)
    Sweet I was about to post on this my vBulletin RSS feed is turned on and thought would be nice to get RSS here as well. Thanks for the post
    We're working on some forum stuff now, I'll look into the rss feeds for the forums this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by turnepf View Post
    The TreoCentral RSS feed is erroring out. When I look at it in my browser, an error message is displayed concerning parsing the XML.

PT
    Same same. Started doing that sometime last week for me.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    yep, it's down right now after a server move. I didn't code the rss feed myself so it'll take a bit for me to find it and fix it
    it wasn't the server move. It was some weirdness in the RSS radically not validating or somesuch. should be fixed now.
    XML has not been updated for Treocast 11. I had to manually pull it.
    Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    XML has not been updated for Treocast 11. I had to manually pull it.
    You (and a bunch of emailers!) are correct. I at first thought this was a weird validation issue (it may have been), but then Mike pointed out to me that somewhere in my fixing the validation issue I reverted the feed back to the version without TreoCast 11. 3 days before TreoCast 12, TreoCast 11 shows up.

(as long as I'm talking about TreoCast, I'll mention that I'm absolutely giving up on Audacity on the Mac until i can understand the bugger better. Every time I use it, the sound quality gets marginally better but the volume drops through the basement. AGGRAVATING!)

Back on topic - our RSS feeds are currently a little touchy because the PHP engine we're using to post content is not very forgiving of non-ASCII characters -- RSS feeds apparently do not fail gracefully when they don't have the proper characters. FWIW, I'm trying to make it a point to check the news feed every day from now on.
    hi,

the rss feeds are great, but one can only receive the first post of a forum topic, this is not so great. is there any way to make replies come through? and they must have an inreplyto tag (to the starter post) so that readers like Thunderbird can thread all replies to the starter post. should be a basic part of forum rss mods..

thanks.
    RSS in the forums is a whole different beast - I haven't even begun to look at that yet. We upgraded to the version of vBulletin that actually has RSS feeds relatively recently. If enough users were interested, I could look into making sure that forum RSS feeds were on and working decently.
    any movement on the rss feed for the forums?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Ah, shoot. I totally forgot to mention this.

Yes, they exist, just not "listed" per se. Here's how to do it:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/external.php?type=rss

...which is nice, but I suspect you'll prefer this one:

Code:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/external.php?type=rss&forumids=35,76
    ...so all you do is add the forumids (at the end of each forum's url) of the forums you want in your reader!
    Again, have there been changes to the forums to prevent RSS2 feeds from functioning?

I'm using the example URL, http://discussion.treocentral.com/ex...forumids=35,76 and getting errors from the server. My RSS Reader (for testing) is a basic Safari connection to the feed.
    Quote Originally Posted by aetrix9 View Post
    Again, have there been changes to the forums to prevent RSS2 feeds from functioning?

I'm using the example URL, http://discussion.treocentral.com/ex...forumids=35,76 and getting errors from the server. My RSS Reader (for testing) is a basic Safari connection to the feed.
    Yes they just happened in the past couple of days. I'm working on getting it fixed. It hurts me a lot too, if that's any consolation, as "In the forums" on wmexperts.com and phonedifferent.com are currently broken because of the issue.

Our server changes seem to have finally fixed our uptime issues, but they've introduced a couple other bugs we're tracking down.

Fair warning: I'm going to Macworld next week, so I can't guarantee it'll get fixed until after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    Yes they just happened in the past couple of days. I'm working on getting it fixed.
    I'm glad to hear that somebody's looking into it. I'll keep checking in and I wish you luck.
    Fixed
    The rss feeds as described were bringing up only new threads, and not threads with new replies. After a bit of research and experimenting, I came up with a solution. I'm not sure if this is commonly known.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/ex...ss2&lastpost=1

discussion.treocentral.com/external.php?do=getnew&forumids=35&type=rss2&lastpost=1

I added "do=getnew" to search for new posts.
    And I added "lastpost=1" so that the feed provides the content and date/time of the last post instead of the first post.

It's not up to the minute, but it does a reasonably good job of showing which threads have new posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    The rss feeds as described were bringing up only new threads, and not threads with new replies. After a bit of research and experimenting, I came up with a solution. I'm not sure if this is commonly known.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/ex...ss2&lastpost=1

discussion.treocentral.com/external.php?do=getnew&forumids=35&type=rss2&lastpost=1

I added "do=getnew" to search for new posts.
    And I added "lastpost=1" so that the feed provides the content and date/time of the last post instead of the first post.

It's not up to the minute, but it does a reasonably good job of showing which threads have new posts.
    !
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast