1.    #1  
    In the article it is stated:

== "...Today, and for the previous quarter, there is a 4-6 week wait to
    == receive a Treo 600 from any carrier..."

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $this$ $is$ $not$ $correct$.

If one wants to order a TREO from PalmOne directly then the statement:

== "...Today, and for the previous quarter, there is a 4-6 week wait to
    == receive from PalmOne a Treo 600 for any carrier...:

is correct.

If you want to order a TREO 600 directly from a venue other than PalmOne, however, you can often (maybe always) get one immediately (there are numerous recent posts right here on TreoCentral mentioning the poster walking into a store and walking out with one, e.g.:

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...95&postcount=8

and what's the in-stock situation for the TreoCentral Store itself?).

The difference between the two statements is significant.
    you are correct. it has been fixed.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  3.    #3  
    Okie dokie, ignore my just-made comment elsewhere.
    thank god that's been resolved. i've been losing sleep.
  5.    #5  
    Well, you DO understand, right, that being correct about "sold out" conditions does have all sorts of ramifications for those interested in more than just a phone?

The statement:

== "All stores everywhere are sold out and have a 4-6 week shipping delay."

is somewhat stronger than:

== "One online web site is sold out and has a 4-6 week shipping delay."

thus it seems appropriate that that point should be noted and, as miradu said, acted upon.
    I understand but it seems unecessary to start a thread over something that could have been handled with a simple PM to Miradu.

But that wouldn't have stirred the pot enough, I guess. :-)
  7.    #7  
    There is a forum for article comments thus you are wrong on the face of it - that forum is broken, however. Thus a very appropriate article comment had to be placed in another forum.

If you don't like the ability to comment on an article anywhere, perhaps you should PM TreoCentral staff and tell them to remove their broken forum designed for article comments and remove all posts elsewhere that comment about articles.

But I guiess that wouldn't do if one needs to make snide remarks about another poster's posts...
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Thus a very appropriate article comment had to be placed in another forum.
    HAD to placed?...that's a stretch. There is a mailto link on miradu's name at the top of the article that would have sufficed nicely.

That said, this is a ridiculous thread and my posts aren't helping matters...so I'm done.

Feel free to add the last comment.
    ah seldomvisitor, up to your old tricks again, well done webslappy for putting our old chum in his place..on a more serious note it is good to see that treo 600 sales are increasing. This augurs well for ongoing future development of the device. I remember a big debate, can't remember who it was, but someone was foreseeing the demise of the treo back in october/november last year, claiming that sales were poor etc etc
    I'm gonna close this thread to end this inane discussion, but webslappy, I don't want to take sides, but seldomvistor is right. This is the appropriate forum for article comments, and I encourage them, no matter how small they may be. In fact, I prefer this method for direct critiscm as compared to emailing me, because it puts public pressure on me to do better, no matter how inane the issue is.

For questions about articles, or private comments, email me.. But the forums are also a great tool, and I check them many times a day.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff