1.    #1  
    TreoSelecTest (TST) is an innovative little utility that was developed right here on the boards! (see this thread, or this thread.). It allows Treo users to select text using the keyboard, in a way that seems built in. TreoCentral users pledged money to support the development of this application, and when it came to be, the developer requested that to give these pledges people buy x amount of software licenses through Palmgear or Handango. Most users did not know what do to with these extra licenses, but with the help of elysium9, 21 licenses were collected and donated BACK to TreoCentral users. This is one of three contests going on to giveaway these 21 copies of TST.

In this thread we are asking the question, What improvements could be made to the Treo 600 to make it better? Specific interface changes, new features, new hardware, new accessories Be realistic! The five best responses, as judged by TreoCentral staff will win a copy of TST. Please make sure to have a current email address registered with your username, as that is how we will contact you.

Also, six copies will be given away randomly to 6 posts in any of the three contest threads. One entry per thread per person please.

In other threads we are asking what could make TreoCentral better, and a general giveaway thread.
    My vote is for a SDIO GPS receiver and software to go with it.
    [list=a][*]no camara version[*]better resolution[*]smaller/no anttenna[*]better camara, for those who want the camara.[/list=a]
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I want 320x320 HS screen
    I want a camera without the blue dot effects
    I want Bluetooth
    Jim@treo1.com
    <a href="http://treo1.com">
    treo1.com
    One Stop, plain and simple
    <a href="http://treo1.com/index650.htm"> Visit our new Treo650 optimized site!!</a>
    <a href="http://palmoscentral.com"> Visit our new website palmOSCentral.com!</a>
    I've interpreted "realistic" as "PalmOne can reasonably be expected to add this in a firmware upgrade". I don't believe they will do a 610 and instead we will see the first rumors of the 900 by the end of the year, but I listed some minor hardware related issues anyway.

1. A number of things that were added by applications and utilities already. I really believe the following should be standard in the firmware and included apps: KeyCaps600, Profiles, LightWav (or CallFilter), some of the TreoButler features.

2. Still missing: voice dial!

3. Better camera app.The current one is a joke, in particular the quality. QSet should be a built-in advanced feature. (this could be a hardware related issue).

4. Get rid of the antenna.

5. Fix the size of the SD hole so that the card doesn't pop out anymore.

6.Not sure if this fits the subject, but PalmOne should do something about their resellers and distributors outside the US. Service, availability and prices are appalling (spelling?).
    better 5 way nav implementation and voice recording. Also bluetooth would be nice. Lastly fix the blaxer cache issue so one doesn't lose web history when you leave and come back. Oh and make it so you can hang up individual calls when in a call waiting situation. PLZ P1 fix this
    The things I would most like to see added to the treo 600 are:
    1. High Resolution screen
    2. More integrated features like Treo Select Text (this already should be in the 600) and QSet(really enhances the camera and pictures). These greatly enhance the Treo 600.
    3. Better games for the Treo 600, this sounds stupid but it is always nice to show off a cool game on your phone.
    4. An easier way to disconnect from the network, rather than having to go to prefs'.
    5. My final suggestion would be a better speaker phone.
    Either no camera at all, or a removable camera (like what you find with the Danger Hiptop / T-mobile Sidekick). People who work for the department of defense, and other places with classified, or confidential information are being told more and more to leave cell phones with cameras at home. Otherwise I'd have one already.

For information, see:

Washington Post Article

Louis
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    better camera
    voice recording
    better resolution
    better headset ability - stereo sound with a mic
    I honestly think that the T600 is awesome! I totally love mine. But some things that would make it better are:
    - ringtones through headset. When I'm driving with my headset in my ear and the music playing from my 15GB MP3 player through my car stereo, I can't hear my Treo ring!
    - bundled SW to use Treo as modem. That was a basic function of my Nokia which came in handy once in a while. I played around with at least one of the SW solutions available for the Treo and couldn't get it to work and figued it wasn't worth my time and money.
    - voice dialing (yeah, just like everyone else says). It would be nice not to have to look at the screen to dial while driving.
    - I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone mention in this thread STRONGER VIBRATE! Even in my pocket I miss alarms sometimes because I can't hear the speaker and the vibrate is too weak!

I guess those are all my minor annoyances. Nothing earth shattering that hasn't been mentioned elsewhere on these forums in the past...
    1. Better phone interface so that you can hold/pick up another call, drop 2nd call/return to first call, or switch between the two calls.

2. A speaker phone to rival Nextel phones.

3. A coffee port. (Ok, I'm just kidding on that, but it's the only thing my Treo doesn't do!)
    Slightly better ergonomics.

I'd like the sides of the phone to be indented slightly for better gripping with one hand while typing/operating, as well as having the phone material be a more rubberized, stickier type of plastic.

Also, some little grippers on the antenna, since i always pick it our of my Covertec side case that way.

And, yes, MUCH stronger vibrate!
    Hi-res, bluetooth. That's all I want.
    Lose the headphone adaptor!!!
    True multi-tasking: simultaneous use of phone, internet and gps
    (or mp3, internet and gps).
    Last edited by JudBaird; 02/18/2004 at 06:19 PM.
    It would be VERY COOL if there was a flashy demo that you could show to people that would SHOW-OFF everythind the Treo 600 can do. (NOT the simplistic thing that is on it - how bad is that?)

I am always having to show people, and a little jazzy marketing piece would be nice - not important or useful, just nice.
    Hitting 'Em Hard, Long and Straight
    Originally posted by Alli
    1. Better phone interface so that you can hold/pick up another call, drop 2nd call/return to first call, or switch between the two calls.
    I know this thread isn't meant for discussion, but my Treo does all of what you're describing here. Plus it lets me put the two calls in conference.
    Originally posted by Architect
    It would be VERY COOL if there was a flashy demo that you could show to people that would SHOW-OFF everythind the Treo 600 can do. (NOT the simplistic thing that is on it - how bad is that?)

I am always having to show people, and a little jazzy marketing piece would be nice - not important or useful, just nice.
    Actually, I think that is a very good idea.
    Very happy with the Treo600.
    Sure I want a bigger screen, better res, more fetures, but it has to be do-able. In other words, they can add non-common stuff and have a affordable phone. If it were a "swis army knife", yea it would be cool, but too big, cost too much and the average person woudl not need all of it. I AM NOT DOWNPLAYING ANYONES WANTS. Heck if we could all get a Custom Treo600 from Palm just the way we want it, that would be the cats meow!!!

So here is what I think, and am sure I am wrong, but as stated above, it's just my wants.

1. At least Bluetooth on board, Wi-Fi too is do-able.
    To me, BT makes more sence due to most people wanting a wireless headset/ear piece. Wi-Fi would be nice, but less want that (not me, I want Wi-Fi over BT, but I a minority).

2. A non-camera version, with something on the back case stating that (yes, the camera will be gone and the case will have no hole, but some of the poeple (security and such) that have just enough info to be dangeours, would say "it's a Treo600, it has a camera, sorry")

3. Better sound quailty, both the phone and headset. I think the two isues are the audio drivers and case resonating and rattle.

4. Headset plug on the side and no audio adaptor

5. Some minor sofware upgrade or tweeks to the OE apps that i will not go into here (lack of time and I don't want to bore anyone (for those who have not yet stoped readin g my post LOL))

Thanks, matt