Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I was surprised yesterday when I tried to access T6E and got an "Etiquette" site. I thought Blazer was just acting up.

Derek, I also appreciate your site. And, like some others, it was the first site I went to when I got my 600. Thank you, Derek, for all your hard work!
    AT&T Wireless sucked so I left!! 2,370,000 ATTWS customers left in Q1 (2004) and I'm proud to be one of them!
    AirTouch Cellular => L.A. Cellular => AT&T Wireless => Cingular Wireless
    Thanks for all your hard work. It was a great site and I sympathise with you and your comments. God save us from those morons who prompted your decision. Good luck for future projects.
    Derek:

I, too, am sorry to hear about the problems. And I'm sorry to see the site go. Perhaps you could turn off the email link, and just leave the existing site up there as is, even if you don't have time to keep it updated. If nothing else, the ringers and links are worth maintaining.

Thanks for all your hard work,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  4.    #84  
    Treo 600 Essentials lives! It has been acquired by Treo Central. Scroll back to the previous page in this thread for more details.
    I'm thrilled to see T600E back up. Thank you Derek for all your hard work over the last few months - and don't think we didn't all notice the excellent design work you did on the site too - it would have been easy to just put up a bunch of links, but you made it Treo. Great job. And thank you to Marcus and TreoCentral for keeping it alive. Efforts like these, and the wonderful applications to come out of this community only reenforce my opinion that this is a model online community. So, a special thanks to all of TreoCentral's members for being a part of making it so.

Conrad
    I didnt even know about this site until i saw all the hoopla then i got all depressed and i didnt even know what i was missing.

Just check out the site and it is awesome. saved me about 8-10 favorite spots.

In case the above posts didnt say it clear enough Thank You.

thank you treocentral.

just for that i am going to click on some ads.
    I am not a conspiracy theorist, but if I were...

I might think that Derek was actually a shrewd and savvy business person who purposefully elicited strong reactions and supportive responses from fans of his website by threatening to close the site in order to demonstrate the site's value to TreoCentral in a heavy-handed yet risky attempt to induce TC to acquire the site for more than was originally offered.

If that were true, Derek would certainly be worthy of a spot on The Apprentice!

Congratulations to Derek and thanks to TreoCentral.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Originally posted by JudBaird

I might think that Derek was actually a shrewd and savvy business person who purposefully elicited strong reactions and supportive responses from fans of his website by threatening to close the site in order to demonstrate the site's value to TreoCentral in a heavy-handed yet risky attempt to induce TC to acquire the site for more than was originally offered.

Congratulations to Derek and thanks to TreoCentral.
    Indeed. Great work Derek and TC in both sites. Now, about the Apprentice...Derek would have been great if the above were true...now that Sam is gone.

Thankfully, both sites are again working together.
    Congrats.
    I have to say I'm impressed.

Impressed by the hard work Derek did on his site. Seriously.

Impressed that TC stepped up and took it over. I sure hope it didn't cost you much.

Impressed by all the folks that now have tons of praise for Derek's work.

And lastly Impressed by the fact that Derek has been able to turn his inability to handle negativity and criticism into a positive experience.

I am looking forward to hearing about the next project that you take on and then abandon because a small group complained and made you feel bad. Ya ya I'm and a s s hole, but I don't throw in the towel when things get tough and then publicly trawl for sympathy.

Originally posted by treobk214
    woof,

lets see you freakin design a treo site now, you good for nothing ...hole! youre obnoxious, you know that?

"beauty of discussion"... what..a ...joke... there is a tactful way of speaking with someone about ideas,,, not insulting them with acerbic comments.

nice work, pal... look what youve done. proud of yourself?
    you are clueless in the world of social relations... if the result of your "compliments" is the other person closing his web site. some compliment you must have chosen.

i suggest you leave before pissing anybody else off.. and figure out better ways of relating to people., because so far.. YOU are the failure here...
    I am still laughing about this one. Now Derek's failure is my fault. God man you are a riot. I would also ask you to look at the paragraphs of your post. In the first you call me names, the second you say I am devoid of tact and am insulting. In the third you call me names again (very tactless). and in the last you insult me and call me a failure. And why don't you design a site if you're so special. I have no interest in doing so, but perhaps I will just to help you make yourself look foolish.

Who has no tact here? You have become that which you despise. HAHAHA.

Lastly I'd like to applaud Treo Central for picking up Essentials (God I hope you got it cheap) so the rest of us can still enjoy it. Well those that used it anyway. I am really glad you guys on the TC staff are able to weather all the things good and bad that go with hosting a public site like this and keep it here for us to use and enjoy.

Woof
    Last edited by Woof; 01/29/2004 at 11:56 AM.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  10.    #90  
    Woof -

With regard to your opinion on this matter - I get it, we all get it. Even the thinly veiled insults with regard to you hoping "TC didn't pay too much for the site" etc, etc, simply don't bother me. Out of sheer exhaustion I declare you were right and I was wrong. Are you done now? Can we move on now? Please? Pretty please?

No matter how much you want to beat this to death - I still love you Woof. I'll always love you.

Woof, I am your father.

D.
  11.    #91  
    Originally posted by JudBaird

Hmmmm.
    Derek, or should I call you Dad?

You're a funny guy. Made me laugh.

But seriously, you asked for comments of all kinds when you posted your letter of "resignation" on this forum. I don't care either way if you are bothered by what I say, I just want you to make you think.

It's a sad thing to see you quit something you enjoyed so much because of a few people. I don't believe in quitting. I saw a quote on here somewhere, "Pain is temporary...quitting is forever". It made me think of you and your stated reasons for dumping the 600 site. And if it turns out it wasn't something you enjoyed don't blame it on anyone else. Take responsibility and just say you've had enough, it's not what you thought it would be.

It bothers me when people who obviously have talent at something throw it all way because of a bad day. I was not trying to be insulting with my comments about TC's aquisition price. I was hoping they didn't reward you too handsomely for giving up.

You have made a choice and although I don't agree with you, it's your life. You don't want my advice so I won't give it. You have let down alot of fans here though and all are fortunate that the staff at TC sees enough value in what you started to keep it going.

Good luck in whatever else you do. You can rest assured if you talk about it here I'll be there to share my 2 cents.

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  13.    #93  
    Since you're obviously not done beating this into the ground yet why don't you tell us what else ya got? Get it all out Woof - consider this thread your own personal psychiatry couch...

We're here for you.
    You are among friends.
    Share.
    where can i get those loud, normal ringtones you hosted on your site? can you email them or can someone post a link? i finally am getting a treo 600 & would love to have those.
    Last edited by treoneo; 01/29/2004 at 07:54 PM.
  15.    #95  
    The site is back up but is just at a new address - treo Central has acquired it... http://treo.tc

Everything that was on Treo 600 Essentials is now there.

Cheers.
    Kewl! Gald to hear about Treocentral acquiring Treo600essentials!!

Just a curious though. How are you guys going to integrate treo.tc with the default mobile treocentral site? Already noticed that the forums on treo.tc link to the mobile treocentral forums...but could you also add a link to the front page of the mobile treocentral page on treo.tc? Anyways, I'll shutup now cuz I'm sure you guys already have all this figured out anyways...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Woof -

I, for one, would like to say that your attempt at "advice" fails miserably. I am sure that everyone who knows you has the joy and privilege of you bestowing your wealth of knowledge upon them. I feel sorry for them. Sometimes wisdom is knowing when to be silent. You choose to hide behind your keyboard. You are either a weak leader who finds power in letting his fingers speak for him without standing face to face the people you insult, or are a self-absorbed leader who perceives himself as effective while those you lead know the truth. I would also venture to guess that you also enjoy and thrive on the backlash. If someone needs to learn something, it is you.
    Originally posted by Lighting1
    Woof -

I, for one, would like to say that your attempt at "advice" fails miserably. I am sure that everyone who knows you has the joy and privilege of you bestowing your wealth of knowledge upon them. I feel sorry for them. Sometimes wisdom is knowing when to be silent. You choose to hide behind your keyboard. You are either a weak leader who finds power in letting his fingers speak for him without standing face to face the people you insult, or are a self-absorbed leader who perceives himself as effective while those you lead know the truth. I would also venture to guess that you also enjoy and thrive on the backlash. If someone needs to learn something, it is you.
    Ouch!! Gee man that really hurt. Boo hoo
    I didn't give advice, I voiced an opinion. I didn't say he was right or wrong for what he did. I said I THOUGHT/PERCEIVED/WAS OF THE OPINION that quitting in the face of adversity was a poor choice. I did not set out to make anyone feel good or bad. That is not the point. I don't care how you feel. Just as I am sure no one gives a damn about how I feel. That's fine. I don't want your opinion on something based on how it makes anyone feel. This is such a simple concept. Why can't you get it.

How would you suggest I get face to face with anyone here? We are all behind a keyboard, or did you miss that? (please some one tell me where this guy is clicking so he gets to talk to you face to face.) Maybe you see your own reflection in your monitor. That's got to be it.

I don't recall claiming any wisdom. As far as the rest of your psychonalytical drivel, I'll pass on commenting. You would just try to say I am proving you right regardless of what I said. What the hell does my ability as a leader have to do with my opinion on a freaking smartphone forum have to do with anything?

Sorry lightning you don't know your *** from a hole in the ground. But then that's just my opinion. You might know both of them very well.

Woof
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Just gottttta add my 2 cents

Derek, great site. I thought about making a portal site last year, and you went and did it, it looked GREAT, then busted *** updating it. I was really impressed, and kinda pissed I didnt just go with my thought from the beginning. You did a better job than I probably would have, you had a little help too. I use the site all the time, and I think you should be Happy about all this.
    You created something we ALL need, and someone paid you for it. Good job man.

Now, I think the whole crybaby thing has some merit, although some people could use a little bit of TACT(WOOF?!?!) in their honesty. Don't let people discourage you, and don't get worked up so easily, it's a message board. bits and bytes, right?

Thanks TC for picking it up, I always thought derek shoulda just been building it for TC anyway. Everything Treo belongs here.
    -Treo 600 on Sprint
    Originally posted by nmotion
    Everything Treo belongs here.
    Exactly.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast