Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    .no sig.
    Oh, man, what a shame.

I respect your decision, but can't help but hope that after some period or rerfomation, your valuable creation will be back.

All the best.
    Sorry to see you go.. It was really one of my best Treo sites. Hope you can reconsider your decision
    Derek,

Cmon man, get over it. You cant please all the people all the time. You have a great site. Don't wuss out and let a few negative bozos ruin it for the rest of us or for you.

Although we haven't always agreed on things in this forum, you did a fine job on T600E. A valuable resource without a doubt.

Ok enough with the feel good stuff. With one exception in this thread everyone has given you tons of praise. I am going to be true to form and go the other route. Ladies and gentlemen if you feel the need to flame me for this, fine, but I think it needs to be said.

BOO HOO HOOO!! Can't handle a little negative criticism?? C'mon man what world do you live in? Do you think everyone is going to be nice all the time? Not in the real world buddy. If you do anything public and ask for anyone's opinion you are going to get negativity. It's a fact of life. You're going to quit because not everyone is nice and supportive and makes you feel good? Gee did you quit school when you got a bad grade? Did you quit your job when you got a less than perfect performance review? I seriously doubt it. So why then are you giving this up? I have to believe you created T600E as a result of a passion for all things Treo. You did it because it was a part of you begging to get out. Your site was the embodiment of your love for the Treo. That's awesome and what a great way to show what your made of. So why give up? Did that part of you die because the treo let you down? If so then quit, you should. But if that is still there then tell the naysayers to GO F*CK THEMSELVES and keep going strong. Remember for every 1 complaint there are at least 10 satisfied customers who have said nothing. People don't normally say good things. (unless forced to, like those in this thread)

I think it's a mistake to quit something that you feel so strongly about, but maybe that's a theme in your life, I don't know. I do know that if you take sh*t like this personally you will never amount to anything. It's your life. Good luck with it.

To the rest of you: Maybe it's a good idea to share a little praise before it's needed, just because you should. Maybe the outcome wouldn't have been different if WE (myself included) had been more positive in our support, but maybe it would. Or it could be Derek is just in need of additional backbone. Who can say.

Your site will be missed. All that hard work for nothing.

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    This thread feels like a funeral!

I spent 10 months away from the Treo world (with the Kyo 7135), and just got my Treo 600 about 5 weeks ago, so I didn't visit Derek's T600E site very many times... but it seemed pretty useful to me. And obviously lots of people here loved it.

Derek... when you have this many people appreciating what you do, then you've done something right. There's nothing you can do about the people who don't appreciate your effort, so you can't let them bother you. That's just how the Internet is, and it's not going to change.
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
  6.    #66  
    Woof,

Say what you will - the truth is that you and I have disagreed about many things in the past on this forum and you've simply decided this would be a good time to pull a few punches.

Do you feel better now that you've done so?

D.
    Unfortunally it is mainly the morons and loosers that are the ones to open their fat greasy mouths. Your wonderfull sute will be missed. However your choice of "replacement" sites is going to come in helpfull for me. So even in your "death" you still provice me with usefull information. You are missed.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Derek... take a look.. don't you see all the posts in such a short time who are sad to see it go? Who thought it was a GREAT value to the Treo community?

Don't let some jerks (and some nasty attitudes) ruin it for you.

There's always going to be jerks, and they will always be the loudest. Best thing is to think how pathetic and sad those people must be. How horrible their life is to have to lash out at anyone they can. You are helping A TON of people, the jerks are the minority.

I hope you will reconsider.
    Originally posted by derek985
    Woof,

Say what you will - the truth is that you and I have disagreed about many things in the past on this forum and you've simply decided this would be a good time to pull a few punches.

Do you feel better now that you've done so?

D.

Ok I was right, it is a character flaw.

Derek are you blind? I complimented you on your work. Did you miss that? Who cares if I don't agree with you on everything. That's the beauty of discussion. If we all agreed think how boring life would be.

Frankly speaking you wouldn't know the truth if it bit you on the a s s. I was not attacking you. I was trying to make you see that you shouldn't let people get to you. For what it's worth "pulling punches" means you don't hit with all your strength. I don';t feel better because you're robbing the Treo world of an awesome resource because you're too weak to handle criticism. That bums me out. Everyone else too if you read this thread.

You are obviously just looking for pity here. Everyone is out to get poor Derek. Get over yourself. You made a lot of people happy with your site but all you obviously care about is yourself. I guess you must have quit school and the job. Too bad. Pathetic actually.

Go cry for yourself, no one else will. WE WILL MISS YOUR SITE HOWEVER. Sure hope you see that this time.

As I said before, all that hard work for NOTHING! What a complete waste.

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    What a great motivator... NOT. You call someone stupid (in a nutshell). then top it off with a compliment?

Put someone on the defensive, then say "but you did good".

Incredible.
    woof,

lets see you freakin design a treo site now, you good for nothing ...hole! youre obnoxious, you know that?

"beauty of discussion"... what..a ...joke... there is a tactful way of speaking with someone about ideas,,, not insulting them with acerbic comments.

nice work, pal... look what youve done. proud of yourself?
    you are clueless in the world of social relations... if the result of your "compliments" is the other person closing his web site. some compliment you must have chosen.

i suggest you leave before pissing anybody else off.. and figure out better ways of relating to people., because so far.. YOU are the failure here...
    Oh please. I was trying a little reverse psych on the guy. Trying to get him to stand up for himself. I really dont give a damn what you guys think. I complimented him before I said anything else. You all seem to miss that. You are just as thin skinned as he is.

And for what's it's worth I am not a failure because I don't let the stupid sh*t people say get me down. If Derek fails it's because he has chosen to not because of what I or anyone else has said.

People don't make you feel a certain way. You choose to react a certain way to what people say or do. We are each in control of ourselves.

But if you want to blame Derek's failure on me, fine. It's all about having someone else to blame. I had nothing whatsoever to do with it. Hell I only went to the guys site like 10 times and never made a comment about that was not good. Search the threads and see for yourself.

Whatever

Woof
    — Ed Howdershelt
    If you guys need the link portal, you can get it from the google cache here:

216.239.39.104/search?q=cache:Kb9SDz2iAiwJ:treo600essentials.com/info.html+treo600essentials+link+portal&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Not trying to subvert Derek, but here it is.

Check out the last post in this thread

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...!&pagenumber=3

I find it intersting that a teenager is needed to keep the adults in line.

BTW, It's nice to see the site is back up!
    I have the world in my Palm
    Derek and I reached an acquisition agreement this evening. The site is now hosted on our servers and is available at its new domain, http://treo.tc/ (short and sweet). The old domain treo600essentials.com will continue to function.

Over the next couple of weeks there will be some major changes coming to treo.tc, which will be the new mobile edition of TreoCentral.
  16.    #76  
    I was very suprised that there was so much concern about my decision to close Treo 600 Essentials. To all of the folks who stood up today to offer kind words - thank you.

Moving forward - I'm very glad that Marcus & Treo Central have agreed to acquire the site and assume day-to-day operations. I'll still be contributing on a part-time basis and I look forward to its continued evolution.

Best wishes,
    Derek @ Treo 600 Essentials / Treo.tc
    Well done, Marcus and Derek. All this praising, bickering, and waxing nostalgic was becoming tiring. Now let's get back to business.
    Derek...

Please post your paypal address so that those of us that wish to thank you financially can.

I guarantee you will be surprised at how much you have earned.

Thanks again for giving the EXCELLENT site back to the community.

<><
    mykul
    why the hell do you care what other people think? people suck and thats all there is to that. To quote SARTE: "HELL IS OTHER PEOPLE". Your site was great. And you should only care about what I think.
    Thanks for all your hard work Derek, and thanks to TreoCentral for keeping the site alive!

This thread needs to be renamed!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast